What is your EDC light?

I carried a Surefire E2E for many years. I don’t have a dedicated daily carry light any longer, but I do often carry a Maglite Solitaire LED 1xAAA in my pocket if I foresee a need. 

The newest ones are surprisingly bright with good battery life. 

25 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Surefire Microstream, great for my occasional use. 

+1

For years, I carried an ARC-P AAA on my keychain.  The last few years it's been the Microstream clipped to my wallet.

Although, I can deploy and turn on my phone flashlight more quickly these days, with the Moto chop to activate feature.

• 4 weeks later...

Streamlight 1L-1AA, typically carry it with a rechargeable AA battery in it, with a couple of 123A batteries in my car or vest as back ups if I need to change out, or just need a little more light.

I like how it can be reprogrammed, so mine is set to do low then high, with no strobe.  I use it all the time for work.

I have the Olight S1A on order, it looks to have similar light output to the Streamlight with AA batteries, and the streamlight has some sharper edges that are wearing some holes in the pocket I carry it.  Either one should take the 14500 rechargeable battery, the Olight turbo mode with that battery is almost twice as bright (600 lumen vs 350) with some additional settings for light level as well, so we will see.

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, c10bonanza said:

Now that you have had a couple of weeks with them, how are they? 

I'm really liking the M1T. I have carried it exclusively since it arrived. I took it with me to Chicago. Yet, yesterday was the first true test of the light for me. My daughter called me after she got out of her college classes and her SUV wouldn't start. So, I went to the college and the battery was dead. Got a new battery and used the light to help me see while I was switching out the battery. Worked perfectly and provided plenty of light. I've used the light a few other times, such as walking into the house at night, etc., but this was first time to use the light for longer than just a minute or two. Very pleased with it.

It is easy to carry, very comfortable and smaller than the Warrior series of lights. The Warrior series are more tactical lights. this is a nice EDC light.  My wife prefers the I3T. She had been carrying the S1R, but the I3T is smaller profile and she likes the tail cap button more than the side button. 

So, both lights are working well and at this point no issues with either one of them. 

• Like 2

Been on an olight kick, first pl mini then the m2t warrior. Very happy with both. The warrior has a lockout feature that keeps it from being accidentally turned on. Having melted at least one tactical light, I like that.

Edited by Smith10
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...