Smooth or Chunky?

Eric

I only eat Peanut Butter on toast that is partially burned, soaked in Butter, and then covered in the biggest chunky Peanut Butter I can find, it all must be put on when the toast is hot.  Lots of hot Coffee and it's a real treat.

Otherwise, I don't touch the stuff.

• Like 3

Once it was chunky only for me because I am a peanut fanatic.  Then they came out with extra chunky, which was a mite too much even for me. Can't find plain chunky anymore, so lately it's just smooth. Smooth Jif that is. Not against other brands, it's just that we buy those two large 48 oz. jars at Costco and  Sam's and they only have Jif. :fred:

So I met an old lady that I liked to talk to... at work. She breaks out a peanut butter with some red onion sandwich. She talked me into a bite, dang good! A decade later I’m learning Thai food and peanut butter and onion are in a lot of recipes. Hmmm...

anyway, chunky for me and normally with marmalade or apricot preserves. Travels great for camping or a day at the beach. Love it in King’s Hawaiian rolls.

when a peanut butter sandwich or a nice cold glass of water isn’t good enough... move on!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tous said:

Absolutely chunky.

Super chunky if available.

Ambivalent between Peter Pan and Jif.

I don't eat the fancy stuff that the East Coast swells fawn over.

Those that prefer smooth peanut butter must be deemed suspect in other important areas.

:bowdown:

BTW I never tore my bread using Chunky..... Time to make a sammich

• Like 1

After reading a Government report which said that a jar of peanut butter could contain up to 40 sets of insect wings and still be fit for human consumption, I only eat smooth.

Now I know that it makes no difference, but I can't help thinking, How many of those crunchy bits are roach wings and not peanuts!

• Haha 1

On the subject of peanut butter, PBJ is the first thought. How about peanut butter and bacon? Peanut butter and tomato? Peanut butter and cheese?

Banana? Mayo?  I eat it all of these ways and love it. 

How could I forget peanut butter and molasses? Or honey?  

PBJ? Try it with orange marmalade.  Yum.

Edited by fideau
Add on.

Smooth peanut butter is ideal as an ingredient in other foods or feeding to your toothless granny.  

Outside of that, smooth peanut butter is for limp-wristed, pansy-mouthed babies.  You can't spread it?  Stop putting it in the refrigerator.  You can't chew it?  See a dentist.  Texture is an important part of cuisine, and smooth peanut butter has none.  Dry?  That has nothing to do with chunky or smooth.  Buy a better brand.

Smooth peanut butter also sticks to the roof of the mouth much worse.

There ought to be a law that prevents people for being convicted of stabbings if they do it with the same knife that the victim used to spread smooth peanut butter on bread served to the accused.  Because the real victim is the man who had to eat that sandwich.

Edited by JTMac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1