Smooth or Chunky?

Eric

• Administrators

We have all argued Ford vs Chevy, 9mm vs .45ACP, Texas vs lesser states, but how about smooth peanut butter versus chunky?

For my part, smooth PB is the pinnacle of sandwich spreads. Those of you that prefer chunky need mental evaluations. Spreadability alone should decide the matter. How many times do you have to tear a whole in your bread before you come over to the smooth side?

As for brands, it’s Peter Pan. Accept no substitutes. Your thoughts?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, geodan said:

This thread just answered the eternally critical question: What's for lunch?-Now if only there was some wimmens here to make the sammiches...

2 minutes ago, Foxterriermom said:

Only JIF for me.  What I'm using it for/in determines if it will be smooth or chunky.

There you go...  But remember, she is armed...

I haven't had peanut butter in years, I don't even know why I haven bought any. My current diet plan excludes any kind of legume, otherwise I'd get some today. And it would be smooth as butter because if I wanted to chew on them, I'd just get a bag of peanuts.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Mr. Black said:

Any peanut butter and celery eaters out there?   one of my all time favorite snacks.  

You are a sick, sick man. Seek help immediately. :broc1:

• Like 2

Man, I was all about some chunky PB when I was a kid, but as I grew older, only ate smooth.  A few years back I decided it was time to rekindle my love for chunky...... 

Just couldn’t like it.  I tried 2 pb&j sammiches with chunky and could barely swallow them down.  Sooooooo dry.  And, like Eric said, the spreadability is non-existent. Bout tore my bread all to pieces.

I’ll stick to smooth Jiff...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Black said:

Any peanut butter and celery eaters out there?   one of my all time favorite snacks.  

You bet!  Only, I mix in almost equal amounts of honey/pb, then dip away.  I can’t do it without the honey.

• Like 2

Another thing that about gagged me was the all-Natural, make it yourself, peanut butter at Farmer’s Market.  :ack2:

They had this little machine type press that you hand cranked the peanuts in, then it came out all peanut buttery on the other side.  Talk about dry and flavorless!!

Won’t be trying that again...

Edited by Joshhtn
  • Like 2

Absolutely chunky.

Super chunky if available.

Ambivalent between Peter Pan and Jif.

I don't eat the fancy stuff that the East Coast swells fawn over.

Those that prefer smooth peanut butter must be deemed suspect in other important areas.

• Like 2