Freemasons!

Gunboat1

A friend that I have worked with since the mid 90s is in the Masons now.    He just started either last fall or in the winter.     His daughters are in the Rainbow Girls and I guess there's certain things that he can not do with the Rainbow organization without being a Mason.    IIRC he's going to try and become Master by next spring.    I think even he said it's a pretty tall order but can be done. 

I don't know much about the organization other than it kind of reminds me of the VFW.  

When I was growing up dad was a Mason and he and mom were in Eastern Star and they both participated with my sisters in the Rainbow Girls. I guess if there had been a DeMolay chapter close by I would have been in that.

• Administrators

I am :)

Raised in a Texas lodge that was a consolidation of several other lodges (as is happening in many places)

I have not been in some time  I should change that 

• Like 1

I am interested in joining the Freemasons, but I have limited time available due to work, family, etc. Would this be a major obstacle for me? What else can you tell us about being a Freemason? I know a little of the history of the masons and respect the influence they had on our founding fathers.

6 hours ago, Rabbi said:

I am :)

Raised in a Texas lodge that was a consolidation of several other lodges (as is happening in many places)

I have not been in some time  I should change that 

That’s how Acacia #17 became Salt Lake #17. Merged with another lodge. New name, same number.