Of all the modern rifles/carbines etc, which one would you like to have?

RonS

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:57 AM, Ghost RiderXB9R said:

HK MP5SD

HK.png.b726f87b5fc01ad02c955e80a5169581.png

Always wanted to carry and shoot it.  But, that was for the cool kids.  I went from the 14" M-4 to a Steyr Aug.  I hate magazine exchanges with that while having it slung.  It was like a Houdini Act.  The Donut of Death might as well have been iron sights at 100 yards.  I will say this for the Steyr Aug though, it is a lot like a gigantic Glock, few moving parts, and a lot of polymer.  It would eat dessert sand that would burn your belly while you were prone.  But, this, I have always wanted to play with, as it would have made a great back up to the issue G-19's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2018 at 10:40 AM, Moeman said:

Cool looking gun but really heavy, pistol round and try scoping one. I was offered one to buy at a range and got to try it out. Unimpressed. Again, looks cool.

I agree with the "heavy".  But all fun comes at a price.

• 7 months later...
On 7/9/2018 at 8:57 AM, Ghost RiderXB9R said:

HK MP5SD

We had MP5s.   Lovely firearm.   I had one issue with it.  Somewhat my fault.  Somewhat H&K.

A long time ago when i was in training with this firearm i was asked to do a transition to pistol.   So i engaged the target and dropped the H&K (it was on a sling) and that 30 round magazine smacked me right there in the croinacockus.

I went from stud to dud...and no one had any mercy to spare.