Are Gen 3 and Gen 4 trigger bars interchangeable?

Boogieman

2 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Anyone know?

I believe so.  My Gen 3 has an almost new trigger in it (smooth).  It has that speed bump that runs along its length whereas the original did not. 

Just drop it in and see if it works. 

• Thanks 1

They are interchangeable, however you will gain a very slight increase in pull weight with the Gen 4 trigger bar because of the bump that is on the part of the trigger bar that disengages the firing pin safety.

Edited by Roger1079
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, PNWguy said:

Installed a Gen 3 trigger bar in a Gen 4 G35 in an attempt to improve trigger feel.  Negligible difference.

This is my experience as well. The bump has always been on .45ACP Glocks and was added to the rest with the introduction of the Gen 4 pistols. My understanding is it is intended to keep the part of the trigger bar that disengages the firing pin safety plunger centered as the trigger is pulled.

• 2 weeks later...

They are interchangeable as long as the mag release is in the standard, right hand orientation.  The bump was added on the Gen4 due to the reversible mag release.  If the mag release is swapped over for a left handed shooter, there is a chance that the magazine could impart some pressure on the trigger bar, potentially causing the vertical extension of the trigger bar to not properly engage the firing pin safety.