Best budget no-frills AR15?

Gunboat1

I have a M&P Sport, either first or second gen, not sure. Anyway the one without the FA or dust cover. Short of dumping sand in an open chamber (yes I went there), it has been unstoppable. It also has more through it then most folks ever shoot, and still very acceptable.

Also a PSA Franken that was put together  and it is a tack driver. It was under $350 IIRC a few years ago, without a rear sight. It has a front AR type post.

I can't remember what I paid for the M&P, but it was rather inexpensive for the time period. Both rifles are great shooters, the PSA is more a paper gun where the M&P gets a lot of utility and home defense nod.

I also built a Franken put together from a Wolf 6.5 Grendel Upper. The Grendel is what the AR should have been IMHO. Tack driver, with a punch. Thanks to some fun injuries the Grendel is my deer/pig hunting rifle over the past few years. It has never disappointed.

Happy Shopping

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/28/2018 at 2:27 PM, ARP said:

Dem ain't cheap. I have the 522 version and would love to get my hands on one at reasonable price. Seem to be a bit rare too, but I have not looked in a while.

Or if you have an Academy close by, keep an eye out for a Beretta ARX100. Bought mine for $799 - they make them in batches right now so it’s hit or miss on avalabilty