Help me pick a wheelgun...

phortykal

I would second the Kimber, but I have not handled one, so I can't do it whole heartedly, it seems to fit your needs.

I carry a Ruger LCR in 327 Federal Magnum.  I choose it, as it is a six shooter, where the 357 LCR is a Five shooter.  It does not have as much power I guess than a 357, but it slams them out, using American Eagle 100 Grain.  I am not under gunned!  I also like that I can shoot 32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, 32 H&R Magnum and of course 327 Federal Magnum.

I have had mine several years, I got a early edition.  One problem I had was getting a holster.  The 327's cylinder is a tad longer than a 357's.  I now have two Crossbreed's one a single clip IWB and one a OWB 'slide' which is the one I use mostly.  Crossbreeds are generally hybrids

If I were buying a new revolver today, I would get the 3" SP101 in 327 Federal.  This round cry's for a heavier gun than a LCR.

You might find a 3" GP-100 a cheaper path to a six round 357, lots of stocks, holsters and other accessories for GP-100's.

I don't like the newer S&W's So what I'd look for would be an older model 13 The fixed sights are all you need and are snag-proof. I had an older Ruger speed six with a bobbed hammer that I liked very much and now ruger makes a seven shot GP-100 that's a little bulkier than a Smith model 13 or a Ruger Speed six. It's about the size of an L-frame while the speed six was closer to the K-frame in size. The 7 shot Ruger with the 2.5 inch barrel is model 1774. Another fixed-sight revolver that's even better for concealment than a K-frame or a Ruger is the Kimber K6 but it doesn't have an exposed hammer which I've never needed once I learned how to shoot double action, but some like the option of being able to shoot single action.

rug1774.jpg.71abb00fc724f1a56d5efb3bea2a2710.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...