What have you prepared for?

From November till spring it’s all about surviving cold and snow, the rest of the year it’s just treading water and enjoying what I have.

Oh yeah we got that retirement thing looming out about 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Honestly, I don't think anyone is quite ready for that.  You look in the mirror and wonder who is that old SOB looking back at me?

Some years ago I looked in the mirror and saw my father looking back at me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Honestly, I don't think anyone is quite ready for that.  You look in the mirror and wonder who is that old SOB looking back at me?

You read my mind.  If my plan for aging didn't work out, how's my plan for the Zombie apocalypse going to go?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The big ones around here are earthquakes (we've had several Plus 7 quakes the past couple of years) forest fires, and general lack of services.  I have gone through a tsunami that went completely around our house when I was a kid, many earthquakes, a hurricane, volcanic eruptions, ice storm, and forest fires. I shouldn't be caught with my pants down. I have fire wised around my home, business, and remote cabins. I keep lots of water on hand, plus a way to run my well in the event of a power failure. I have a wood stove that sees regular use and a **** ton of firewood. I keep fuel on hand. Gas, diesel, and propane. Oil for the old fashioned lamps. Fuel for the Coleman lanterns. Batteries. Solar lights. Lots of fish and game in the freezer and canned. Plenty of dried food on hand and a few of those survival buckets. I don't want to be that person on the ground at the local high school begging for crumbs to be dropped from the chopper. I also keep in mind that tragedy can happen in the dead of winter during sub zero temps. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...