Does anyone have a Beretta M9A3?

mlk18

So I have a chance to pick up a new black M9A3 for $850. The thing is I have to have it shipped to my FFL and no one anywhere near me has one in stock, black or FDE, for me to check out. Many years ago I shot a Beretta Vertec and loved the grip but never bought one. I do have a 92G that is really an awesome gun with a great trigger, thanks to that D spring. The reviews of the M9A3 have been very favorable and I am thinking I might just buy it and take my chances. Why not? It's only money. Plus one can never have too many guns.

When the Black models become available I will be buying a G decocker only version. 

I’m not a fan of the desert tan models, and reports I’ve seen so far show the finish flaking and cracking after initial shooting. 

• Like 2

The black model is available. They have gone in and out of stock at a few places since they were released. The place holding one for me had 10 in stock but now are down to just 1.

The finish on the FDE model is cerakote, which is seriously over-hyped in my opinion. I had a slide finished in cerakote once and purchased a gun with a cerakote finish, neither was any better than the bake on stuff you can get from Brownells.

• Like 1

Do take a look a Beretta specific forums. The Italian guns are described as virtually flawless, while the Tennessee pistols do not the same accolades. 

If a black M9A3 was available nearby, I'd be inclined to consider buying it and converting it to a 'G' model.

8 hours ago, mlk18 said:

So I have a chance to pick up a new black M9A3 for $850. The thing is I have to have it shipped to my FFL and no one anywhere near me has one in stock, black or FDE, for me to check out. Many years ago I shot a Beretta Vertec and loved the grip but never bought one. I do have a 92G that is really an awesome gun with a great trigger, thanks to that D spring. The reviews of the M9A3 have been very favorable and I am thinking I might just buy it and take my chances. Why not? It's only money. Plus one can never have too many guns.

If you love the Vertec grip, and your 92G is awesome, I think it’s safe to say you’ll love the M9A3. :)

2 hours ago, blueiron said:

Do take a look a Beretta specific forums. The Italian guns are described as virtually flawless, while the Tennessee pistols do not the same accolades. 

If a black M9A3 was available nearby, I'd be inclined to consider buying it and converting it to a 'G' model.

I’m hoping to be able to buy it as a G model. 

I put a Wilson single sided low profile safety on my M9 a while back and it was a giant PITA. Worth it though, that really changed the entire feel of the gun for the better. 

The sites I have seen it on seem to indicate the black M9A3 is made in Italy and comes in both the F and G model. Although the G model sold out faster than Rosie O'Donnell can eat a Big Mac.