What branch did you serve in

22 hours ago, Knifemaker said:

United States Navy 62 - 66, Corpsman

God Bless all Corpsman.

A fast thinking Corpsman is the only reason I still have full (or real close to full) use of my right knee. 

Edited by Batesmotel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ibewshooter said:

The Coast Guard is not part of the Military. The Coast Guard is a Department of Homeland Security, just like the FBI, a law enforcement agency.

You might want to do a little research (unless you're just trolling). Per 10 USC 101(a)(4) "The term ‘‘armed forces’’ means the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard."  Per 14 USC 101, the Coast Guard "shall be a military service and a branch of the armed forces of the United States at all times. The Coast Guard shall be a service in the Department of Homeland Security, except when operating as a service in the Navy." The Coast Guard does a lot more than law enforcement.

Edited by bobandmikako
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ibewshooter said:

The Coast Guard is not part of the Military. The Coast Guard is a Department of Homeland Security, just like the FBI, a law enforcement agency.

Bullshit. I had a Mud Duck in my AE(A1) school class @ NATTC Memphis Millington TN and he had taken the same enlistment oath as the USN Airman and Jarheads in the class. He was also subject to the UCMJ just like we were.

Edited by G26S239
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobandmikako said:

You might want to do a little research (unless you're just trolling). Per 10 USC 101(a)(4) "The term ‘‘armed forces’’ means the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard."  Per 14 USC 101, the Coast Guard "shall be a military service and a branch of the armed forces of the United States at all times. The Coast Guard shall be a service in the Department of Homeland Security, except when operating as a service in the Navy." The Coast Guard does a lot more than law enforcement.

Damn right CG is a military branch.

Edited by G26S239