What branch did you serve in

I thank you all for your service. Not THE greatest, but one of the greatest regrets of my life is that I did not put in my time. Brainwashed by the middle-aged hippie guidance counselor and teachers at my school that I was among the 'college bound' students, as if it were a settled matter. I don't even have a shred of doubt I'd have benefited greatly from 4 or more years of structure and discipline at that age. I did get the Boy Scouts, Bobcat to Eagle. But it's not the same. Big part of the reason I've spent much of my career working as a prosecutor -- a positive contribution for my community. Trying to make up for what should've happened.

So again, I thank you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

Me too. I joined in July 1969 and after I had been there a couple of weeks we got marched down to a building at Lackland AFB where they had TV's set up so we could watch the moon landing.

My entry date was 02Jun69.............pretty close, accept I didn't get to watch the moon landing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

U.S. Navy 1060-1964.

Interior Communications Electrician, Second Class Petty Officer (IC2).   That’s E5 for non USN personnel.

Served a 2 ½ year tour of duty in the Mediterranean.  Home ported at Villefranche Sur Mer, France, a stone’s throw from Nice, France.  Wonderful French people that appreciated us being there in those days. Not so much now.

Beautiful Cote d’Azur (French Riviera).  Cannes, St. Tropez, Toulon, Nice, Monaco and the southern French Alps.

Duty aboard the U.S.S. Springfield CLG-7 (early guided missile cruiser).  6th Fleet Flagship.

Visited many ports in many countries.

Those were the “Glory Days”. 

Edited by Frizzen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Frizzen said:

U.S. Navy 1060-1964.

Interior Communications Electrician, Second Class Petty Officer (IC2).   That’s E5 for non USN personnel.

Served a 2 ½ year tour of duty in the Mediterranean.  Home ported at Villefranche Sur Mer, France, a stone’s throw from Nice, France.  Wonderful French people that appreciated us being there in those days. Not so much now.

Beautiful Cote d’Azur (French Riviera).  Cannes, St. Tropez, Toulon, Nice, Monaco and the southern French Alps.

Duty aboard the U.S.S. Springfield CLG-7 (early guided missile cruiser).  6th Fleet Flagship.

Visited many ports in many countries.

Those were the “Glory Days”. 

Toulon. Been there a couple times. Napoleon was there too. I enjoyed my visits there immensely but even in the 80's there were a fair number of communist haters around. They were "Glory Days"..

Welcome aboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1