ASH

ticks red meat

1 minute ago, ASH said:

A few weeks ago I went out with a friend to Texas De Brazil and got an almost immediate wicked case of the ****s after eating, and the "upset ness" lasted for about a week and a half. 

That was one of the longest weeks of my life.

1 minute ago, Sigobsessed said:

I don’t know what I’d do iffin I couldn’t eat a steak or BACON!

Someone say BACON?

• Haha 1

I remember reading about this a few years ago and it made me paranoid too.  Luckily, most of the ticks I see around here are your standard Deer Tick, no the Lone Star tick.

I have a good friend with the Alpha Gel disease, it is absolutely brutal. His reaction is so bad, it can come from cross contamination, so using the same grill or cutting board can be enough to cause him to have a reaction. Eating out is nearly impossible, his only options are some sushi restaurants and vegan places. It has changed his entire life. 

10 minutes ago, 2bgop said:

I have a good friend with the Alpha Gel disease, it is absolutely brutal. His reaction is so bad, it can come from cross contamination, so using the same grill or cutting board can be enough to cause him to have a reaction. Eating out is nearly impossible, his only options are some sushi restaurants and vegan places. It has changed his entire life. 

It's a good thing I really enjoy sushi... But that would still likely bring on some serious amount of depression for me.

Funny, steak used to be the most expensive thing at the market and fish was the cheapest.  Now, those roles have switched.  I love a good steak but I really can't remember the last time I bought a few nice fish fillets.

1 minute ago, JArthurD said:

Funny, steak used to be the most expensive thing at the market and fish was the cheapest.  Now, those roles have switched.  I love a good steak but I really can't remember the last time I bought a few nice fish fillets.

my favorite fish ever is chilean sea bass... it's $36.99 a pound. I almost never have it, and when I do, I have it in a nice restaurant that knows how to cook it... because for the extra $5, it's perfectly cooked,  seasoned and I get other stuff with it.