I read your thread at Glocktalk Eric...

Just a FWIW, you just about can't get a mud dobber to sting you aside from catching one in your hand and squeezing it. You can remove their mud nests and they'll simply fly off and start building another nest. They're totally docile and don't pester. They're good spider killers. Honey bees and yellow jackets on the other hand. Don't stomp the mud off of your shoes on a wooden porch out in the sticks. Learned that last weekend at the inlaws property while felling some trees.

13 hours ago, G19 DB said:

WASP = white anglo saxon protestant.   Maybe they is mad at them.  :dunno:

I doubt it.  The more Midwestern you get the more Canadian you get.  I ended up in Kansas so my wife could visit her sister and my children could visit their ginger cousins.  Three red heads, made by two blondes.  Though, their father has some Jewish in him, not as much as me.  The man is goofy giant, literally.  He is like 6'9.   Midwestern people tend to be soft spoken.  Chastising children is done in a monotone, which seemed bizarre to me.  Or maybe it was the way I was raised when yelling, being smacked around, and cussing was a norm.  I remember getting a beat down at the BX, when I tried to put two and two together.   I was all about five and there was a bowlegged woman at the check stand, and I was about butt height about that age.  I could see light through the other side.  I got excited with my epiphany, but not for long.  "Daddy-daddy-is that an ***hole?"  I had heard it enough in my direction, I was attempting to learn words.  I learned some words evoke beatings.  I remember being in the NCO club, before he mustanged over at OTS.  Again, five and taking everything literally.   My father sternly told me that I must always finish everything on my plate.  When dad spoke, you did as you were told.  So, I would finish my water, and the waiter kept bringing over water and filling it up.  It was like torture,  Finally, I lost it,  "Stop bringing me water!"  I assumed that water was part of meal, I have to finish and it was like torture.  My father laughed and said the water was free, and I didn't drink it all,  It was a different time, where you could beat the hell out of your kid in public and no one cared.  At the base theater, everyone stood for the flag at the beginning of every movie.  Karpernacking wasn't even a thought.

Ironically, when I was first married, my wife went out with my parents to go to a Cosco.  They commented to my wife, "I don't know where he gets all that profanity from.  Must have been that University he went to."  Then trying to find a place to park and people backing up and not looking, they could have made a sailor blush.  My wife found that ironic.  She laughed later, not understanding my parents, for that, and saying they were going out "for lunch" which involved going through and getting kosher samples that were laid out. 

So, there is a supreme difference between Midwestern WASP's and not.  It is more along the lines, of, "Johnny, you know your mother asked you to come to the table, and you are still playing on your computer."  Repeat x3 until Johnny gets tired of the monotone updates. 

Edited by Moshe
  • Thanks 1

Does it matter?

It’s a matter of spin.

In your story that I questioned as a spin, you said you got sanctioned for saying “dirt dobber”.

Now you say you may have said “mud dobber”, which some idiots find offensive, and an idiot deleted your post for it.

Even that seems like a stretch, but the fact that you switched words in your retelling is a perfect example of how “spin” works. You tell basically the truth, but switch very subtle, yet important details to make your case better and that of your adversary, worse.

I wonder how many other ways you spin the stories.

1 hour ago, t4terrific said:

It’s a matter of spin.

In your story that I questioned as a spin, you said you got sanctioned for saying “dirt dobber”.

Now you say you may have said “mud dobber”, which some idiots find offensive, and an idiot deleted your post for it.

Even that seems like a stretch, but the fact that you switched words in your retelling is a perfect example of how “spin” works. You tell basically the truth, but switch very subtle, yet important details to make your case better and that of your adversary, worse.

I wonder how many other ways you spin the stories.

Dirt dobber, mud dobber, I've heard and used both for as long as i can remember. Doesn't matter. There's no spin or racist intent in either. Because you "think it's so" doesn't make it so. 

Why do you care?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
11 hours ago, Wrango said:

Yeah, RussP is a jerk.  He likes to be heavy handed, unless of course, you're a cop.

That has been well established here, to the point that the board owner finds it tedious and pedantic.  No, he does not show favoritism toward FLEO's or LEO's, there are some that are here, because they are excluded over there.  Where his mind is at, I have no clue, nor do I really care.  It is what I said when I left an office with two idiots that liked to make everyone's life difficult, for a better position.  They can bury themselves in bullshit and think happy, happy thoughts.

11 hours ago, Moshe said:

That has been well established here, to the point that the board owner finds it tedious and pedantic.  No, he does not show favoritism toward FLEO's or LEO's, there are some that are here, because they are excluded over there.  Where his mind is at, I have no clue, nor do I really care.  It is what I said when I left an office with two idiots that liked to make everyone's life difficult, for a better position.  They can bury themselves in bull**** and think happy, happy thoughts.

Are you speaking of RussP here?  If so, I disagree.

17 hours ago, Wrango said:

Are you speaking of RussP here?  If so, I disagree.

You are allowed to be feel that way.  But, there are some of us who got the Russ P special and that is why we are here.  You probably don't know most of them, but I do.

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2019 at 12:32 PM, Moshe said:

You are allowed to be feel that way.  But, there are some of us who got the Russ P special and that is why we are here.  You probably don't know most of them, but I do.

Then we'll suffice it to say that he has his biases and many have come out on the brown end of the stick.  Me thinks he has his pets and the rest are fodder.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/5/2019 at 10:49 PM, Wrango said:

Yeah, RussP is a jerk.  He likes to be heavy handed, unless of course, you're a cop.

I think I mentioned this story here, but it may have been at the other site.  During a recent hurricane debris  cleanup, the feeder street to my neighborhood was necked down to one lane by clean up crews.  Standing on a bucket truck with out of state plates was a guy with a T-shirt that said, "Banned!!! by RussP!!!

I was in my old topless Corvette, I looked up, pointed and laughed.  The guy pointed back, with a big smile, and said, "yeah this guy knows what I'm talking about!"  I had a good laugh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

Standing on a bucket truck with out of state plates was a guy with a T-shirt that said, "Banned!!! by RussP!!!

Really?  Wow.

I think it's been six or seven years since i posted there.

It was time to move on when i left.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3

On 11/30/2018 at 5:59 AM, Moshe said:

when I was first married, my wife went out with my parents to go to a Cosco.  They commented to my wife, "I don't know where he gets all that profanity from.  Must have been that University he went to."  Then trying to find a place to park and people backing up and not looking, they could have made a sailor blush. 

:sunburn: Good one.

, there is a supreme difference between Midwestern WASP's and not.  It is more along the lines, of, "Johnny, you know your mother asked you to come to the table, and you are still playing on your computer."  Repeat x3 until Johnny gets tired of the monotone updates. 

You've just described my project management style.  I even tried to make successive phone messages sound identical, usually adding, "just pinging you."

Edited by minervadoe
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...