Ticket help

Gun Shark

• 1 month later...

Come on.  He's got to be kidding.  In what state do you get pulled over for doing 90 in the 25 and not get arrested?  That's 65 over the limit!  That's got to be reckless driving.

My last ticket was 90 in the 55 and I thought I was damn lucky to get away with just a speeding ticket. I paid my $600+ fine, thanked my lucky stars and wrote a thank you letter to the Sheriff which got the deputy a letter of commendation.  He deserved it, not only did he not arrest my butt, he followed me to my destination while writing the ticket so my son could get where he really really needed to be.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Come on.  He's got to be kidding.  In what state do you get pulled over for doing 90 in the 25 and not get arrested?  That's 65 over the limit!  That's got to be reckless driving.

My last ticket was 90 in the 55 and I thought I was damn lucky to get away with just a speeding ticket. I paid my $600+ fine, thanked my lucky stars and wrote a thank you letter to the Sheriff which got the deputy a letter of commendation.  He deserved it, not only did he not arrest my butt, he followed me to my destination while writing the ticket so my son could get where he really really needed to be.  

It was a low time.

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 2:26 PM, Wyzz Kydd said:

I once did 150+ in a 35 zone, and drove myself home from it no problem, so did the other 5 guys that got written up at the same time as me.  It got changed from reckless driving to reckless endangerment(non-traffic misdemeanor),  $400 fine, level 1 and 2 traffic safety, and 50 hours community service.  Judge also deferred it for 2 years, and because I left for the army 3 months after the case was settled.

As for the original question, I don't think with everything you have pending that you can get it to go away, but you might get it reduced if you ask the judge nicely.

Here is a serious response with list the choices and possible outcome. This is what happens in my state yours may vary. 

You have the choices of pleading:

Guilty. Subject to fine and/or jail depending on the judges ruling. 

Not guilty. Then you get to go to trial. Your choice if you wish to hire an attorney or represent yourself. 

No contest. Not admitting guilt or innocence, just not contesting the charge. You will likely be found guilty and/or jailed. Judges decision. 

Depending on any past traffic record, there may be a chance of a deferred sentence. Simply put, probation for a time specified in a plea bargain with the prosecutor. You agree to not violating the law for a specific amount of time and if you do, charges dismissed usually with court cost, but keeps it off your record. If you violate the terms, the charge returns as well as any penalty. 

If you decide to not appear, under the interstate compact act your license will be suspended, a charge of failure to appear will be added and a warrant will be issued for your arrest. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...