I'm first!

dx_caliber

In an effort to at least give a tiny bit of substance to the thread, what's the worst type of call you've had back to back before? 

Yesterday I had two near drownings of young children back to back.  About two years back, I had two death investigations back to back.  Was clearing the hospital from the first one when the tones came out for the second, which was about two blocks from the hospital and I was the closest.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, dx_caliber said:

In an effort to at least give a tiny bit of substance to the thread, what's the worst type of call you've had back to back before? 

Yesterday I had two near drownings of young children back to back.  About two years back, I had two death investigations back to back.  Was clearing the hospital from the first one when the tones came out for the second, which was about two blocks from the hospital and I was the closest.

Two year old girl fell into a grease trap behind a restaruant and drowned. Looked for her for fifteen minutes before we noticed the lid wasn’t sitting right.  Mom took her eyes offf of her for just a second and she disappeared.  Watching the security video showed it happened in a flash. 

We cried as a shift that night. Just thinking of that poor baby sucking in that nasty smelling crap tears me up to this day. 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Collim1 said:

Two year old girl fell into a grease trap behind a restaruant and drowned. Looked for her for fifteen minutes before we noticed the lid wasn’t sitting right.  Mom took her eyes offf of her for just a second and she disappeared.  Watching the security video showed it happened in a flash. 

We cried as a shift that night. Just thinking of that poor baby sucking in that nasty smelling crap tears me up to this day. 

Man, I can’t think of anything worse than that.  Don’t blame you for not being able to shake that one.  

17 minutes ago, JArthurD said:

Man, I can’t think of anything worse than that.  Don’t blame you for not being able to shake that one.  

This is one of the rare instances where I can’t wait to get on the witness stand in the pending civil trial.