What cloud service are you using?

Brad

What cloud based service are you using and why?

I've been using DropBox for a long time, mostly because I understand how it works.

I've been thinking about going to sync.com because I've read that their security is tighter. I've also been thinking of switching to Google Drive and Docs in the hopes that Google will develop Docs into something better than MS Office.

12 hours ago, Brad said:

What cloud based service are you using and why?

I've been using DropBox for a long time, mostly because I understand how it works.

I've been thinking about going to sync.com because I've read that their security is tighter. I've also been thinking of switching to Google Drive and Docs in the hopes that Google will develop Docs into something better than MS Office.

I hate google docs/gsuite with a passion. I spent days trying to figure out why the **** my email wasn't going to my inbox in outlook... and so did the damn school's IT Admin(and it wasn't and still isn't a small school). I will never ever use that for a personal email service unless MS office 365 and exchange becomes unusable/unreliable.

When I need a cloud solution I go to OneDrive from MS. I get a TB free(well built into the price) with my MS Office 365 subscription and I also always have the latest version of office.

Edited by Gun Shark
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gun Shark said:

I hate google docs/gsuite with a passion. I spent days trying to figure out why the **** my email wasn't going to my inbox in outlook... and so did the damn school's IT Admin(and it wasn't and still isn't a small school). I will never ever use that for a personal email service unless MS office 365 and exchange becomes unusable/unreliable.

When I need a cloud solution I go to OneDrive from MS. I get a TB free(well built into the price) with my MS Office 365 subscription and I also always have the latest version of office.

Interesting. I have not tried to have my gmail-based email come up in Outlook. I read about that online at one point and it looked confusing.

I have used MS Office for many years and like it for the most part. There are just enough irritating issues to keep me thinking about other options. We used Docs on a project a few years ago and its collaboration features were impressive.

I use OneDrive and Office 365. We have it work and I have it home. It is nice having access to the documents anywhere we go.

I also have Google drive, just the free amount, which is fine and I store a few things on it, but I don't use it as much as OneDrive.