Random Posting

Eric

Groups of business owners were planning to sue the Maine governor for not opening the state in time for tourist season in Maine. Now in the states that opened early, ambulances have to wait an hour parked outside the ER waiting for an open bed for their patient.

reopening msn.PNG

12 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Jokes on you, even the grinder doesn't make my welds pretty.  But the stuff sticks together.  I have been seriously considering getting a tig setup.  I have stick and mig/flux core welders.  Probably going to get a tank of argon/co2 for my mig gun and set it up properly next month.  I'd really like to get a 220 outlet in the basement, but I can't afford that any time soon.

My Mig is a 225 Amp old Century with mechanical pulsing.  Most of my jobs are small jobs now, and I found that my Mig is faster to put into service and weld, than my 180 Amp Tig. 

Set up with the right gas, it's also very nice on Aluminum.  Use one size larger tip with Aluminum wire, keep at least 1/2 inch between the tip and the Aluminum works for me. Won't blow off the wire and melt it to the tip.

On steel 1/8 inch and above, I run 0.017 wire with the wire feed at max, and the amperage near max.  On iron and steel it puts down a very smooth bead with excellent penetration.  Just burn it right in.

For speed the Mig is my choice...........  For pretty and exotic alloys, the TIG is my best.  But I don't run into anything out of the ordinary for home work.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic