Random Posting

Eric

ISRAEL—Apparently, dealing with a national crisis with humorous memes and posts is not unique to our society. Archeologists recently uncovered a number of drawings and writings they believe originated during the ancient Syrian siege of Samaria recorded in Second Kings. Despite the apparent impending annihilation, severe famine, and ravaged economy, some in the community still found it necessary to sneak in some jokes.

Dr. Joel Davidson headed up the excavation that led to the discovery. “The biting sarcasm in some of these is pretty hilarious,” he said. “If they would’ve had the internet back then, I’m sure some of these would have gone viral.”

The collection was discovered in a sealed stone box and was very well preserved. One parchment had a picture of a man with a loaf of bread and people keeping their distance. The caption read, “Only time in my life I’m glad to be a leper.” Another showed people hoarding donkey heads.

https://babylonbee.com/news/hilarious-memes-discovered-from-ancient-biblical-famine

• Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic