Random Posting

Eric

ORLANDO, Fla. — More police officers died by suicide than in the line of duty in 2019, and the number of reported police suicides rose for the fourth consecutive year, according to data from Blue H.E.L.P., a mental health advocacy group for police and their families.

In 2019, 228 police officers died by suicide, and 132 were killed in the line of duty. In comparison with 2018, duty deaths for police officers decreased 20% while suicides increased 35 percent, according to Blue H.E.L.P., which says it is the only group in the country tracking law enforcement suicides.

Florida had the fourth-most officer suicides in 2019. The state has the same ranking in total officer suicides since 2016, Blue H.E.L.P. reported.

Blue H.E.L.P. has reported two suicides in 2020 already.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

ORLANDO, Fla. — More police officers died by suicide than in the line of duty in 2019, and the number of reported police suicides rose for the fourth consecutive year, according to data from Blue H.E.L.P., a mental health advocacy group for police and their families.

In 2019, 228 police officers died by suicide, and 132 were killed in the line of duty. In comparison with 2018, duty deaths for police officers decreased 20% while suicides increased 35 percent, according to Blue H.E.L.P., which says it is the only group in the country tracking law enforcement suicides.

Florida had the fourth-most officer suicides in 2019. The state has the same ranking in total officer suicides since 2016, Blue H.E.L.P. reported.

Blue H.E.L.P. has reported two suicides in 2020 already.

I guess when all you see is the worst of humanity, you begin to lose hope.

• Like 3

I'm kind'a tense.  Sitting here on the cusp of a snow storm that's threatening 9 inches of snow and low temps.  That's about 3 feet of snow on my roof.  I hate trying to pull snow off my roof for half a day.

Meanwhile I get to just sit here and stew till it's over.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic