Jump to content
Eric

Random Posting

Recommended Posts

I can remember the taste of cool water out of a warm garden hose like I was drinking it now. It seems like there was always one kid in any given group that didn’t have the sense to let the water run cold before taking a drink. No one ever had much sympathy for them. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Eric said:

I can remember the taste of cool water out of a warm garden hose like I was drinking it now. It seems like there was always one kid in any given group that didn’t have the sense to let the water run cold before taking a drink. No one ever had much sympathy for them. 

That would be Eddie Munn. tom. :anim_lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Eric said:

I can remember the taste of cool water out of a warm garden hose like I was drinking it now. It seems like there was always one kid in any given group that didn’t have the sense to let the water run cold before taking a drink. No one ever had much sympathy for them. 

Especially if it sat out in the sun for a while. OUCH!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

How many call this a "hose pipe" or a "reloading device"? And how many have drunk from one? ;)

The one pictured might freeze in cold winters. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

92D4E9DC-A8A2-4DAD-85FE-B3B331B52B51.jpeg.8f66f57a103635ea824b483a59344b61.jpeg

I’ve seen pictures in which that woman looks attractive. Thus us t one if those pictures. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

The one pictured might freeze in cold winters. 

I'm quite surprised that so many of my neighbors have shut off valves inside of the basement for their outside faucets and yet some still freeze.

Apparently they never learned of a frost proof sillcock.  I changed mine, and don't have do anything or  be concerned in the cold weather.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I’ve seen pictures in which that woman looks attractive. Thus us t one if those pictures. 

I’ve never seen Yoko Ono in anything close to an attractive pic

.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

I’ve never seen Yoko Ono in anything close to an attractive pic

.

She never posed next to the First Wookie?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

She never posed next to the First Wookie?

Please, please.....do NOT post that

.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cougar_ml said:

82229296_576926546188124_236879200411398

They are passing each other on the wrong sides. Those freaking Air Force types have no sense of military discipline. They would get their asses kicked for that sort of thing, on an Army installation.:biggrin: Seriously though, Ive never, not once, seen people on US military installations walk on the left side of the freaking sidewalks! That sort of **** leads to anarchy and madness.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I'm quite surprised that so many of my neighbors have shut off valves inside of the basement for their outside faucets and yet some still freeze.

Apparently they never learned of a frost proof sillcock.  I changed mine, and don't have do anything or  be concerned in the cold weather.

I have four outlets, all supposedly with frost proof sillcocks. Two froze and have been replaced. Those two now have shutoff valves just inside the crawl space near where they pass through the foundation. 
 

pro tip; Don’t leave hose connected to your frostproof sillcock. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eric said:

They are passing each other on the wrong sides. Those freaking Air Force types have no sense of military discipline. They would get their asses kicked for that sort of thing, on an Army installation.:biggrin: Seriously though, Ive never, not once, seen people on US military installations walk on the left side of the freaking sidewalks! That sort of **** leads to anarchy and madness.

Could this be in England, where driving on the wrong side of the road is normal?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was being mustered out of the Navy at Pensacola, I spend two weeks on Shore Patrol.  My orders were to find something to write up the Naval Air Cadets.


That place in the middle of Summer is like a sauna! 

I saw those poor cadets doing double time between classes, sweating like a pig and out of breath, and thought of a good way for me to pass my time.

So I would find the first cadet doing double time and tell him to walk with me and I would escort him to his class.

If the cadet were stopped by upperclassmen to admonish them for not doing double time, I would tell them that "he's mine!",  and  they would leave him alone.

I was surprised that in that heat and humidity, they didn't kill people doing that!

You should have see some of the looks I got from the cadets, they would thank me profusely. 

Two weeks later I was gone!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I have four outlets, all supposedly with frost proof sillcocks. Two froze and have been replaced. Those two now have shutoff valves just inside the crawl space near where they pass through the foundation. 
 

pro tip; Don’t leave hose connected to your frostproof sillcock. 

Maybe they don't have enough downward slope to drain properly...……….

You can also get the valve up to three feet inside of the sill also.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

 

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 10.26.34 AM.png

I have a Red rubber one stored in the bathroom to occupy my time with, in an emergency.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Is he packing heat in a crossdraw holster?

He should be

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, janice6 said:

I'm quite surprised that so many of my neighbors have shut off valves inside of the basement for their outside faucets and yet some still freeze.

Apparently they never learned of a frost proof sillcock.  I changed mine, and don't have do anything or  be concerned in the cold weather.

I drain mine every fall. Never had a freezing problem. tom.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...