Random Posting

Eric

The New England Patriots acknowledged that their production crew inappropriately filmed the field and sideline during Sunday’s game between the Bengals and Browns in Cleveland and accepted full responsibility in a statement released Monday night.

The crew was credentialed by the Browns to shoot video for a Patriots web series called “Do Your Job,” but the Patriots did not inform the Bengals or the NFL, which they called “an unintended oversight.”

“The sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road,” the Patriots statement read. “There was no intention of using footage for any other purpose.”

The Patriots also said the production crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, is not part of New England’s football operation.

This may sound like much ado about nothing, but … guess who’s next on the Patriots schedule? Why, it’s the Cincinnati Bengals, who snapped a (one-game) winning streak in Cleveland on Sunday.
https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2019/12/10/yikes-another-patriots-videotape-cheating-scandal/

To repeat: The NYPD has ZERO tolerance for acts of violence against our police officers. A sandwich bought at a Queens deli on Thurs. contained a razor blade that cut the inside of a @NYPDCT cop’s mouth. He’ll be OK, but a full investigation into this abhorrent act is underway.

The new NYPD commissioner says a disturbing incident involving an officer’s sandwich has turned out to be just a very unfortunate accident.

Following a thorough investigation, Commissioner Dermot Shea says the razor blade that ended up in the plain clothes officer’s food was not placed there intentionally.

After a thorough investigation by @NYPDDetectives its been determined that the razor incident was indeed an accident-thankfully our officer or another customer wasn’t seriously injured. Appropriate agencies have been notified for follow up to ensure this never happens again.”

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

To repeat: The NYPD has ZERO tolerance for acts of violence against our police officers. A sandwich bought at a Queens deli on Thurs. contained a razor blade that cut the inside of a @NYPDCT cop’s mouth. He’ll be OK, but a full investigation into this abhorrent act is underway.

The new NYPD commissioner says a disturbing incident involving an officer’s sandwich has turned out to be just a very unfortunate accident.

Following a thorough investigation, Commissioner Dermot Shea says the razor blade that ended up in the plain clothes officer’s food was not placed there intentionally.

After a thorough investigation by @NYPDDetectives its been determined that the razor incident was indeed an accident-thankfully our officer or another customer wasn’t seriously injured. Appropriate agencies have been notified for follow up to ensure this never happens again.”

Yeah, that happens all the time in NY.

• Like 2

This is called Cherenkov Radiation - this happens when charged particles (electrons/beta radiation released during nuclear criticality, I think) pass through a medium (water in this case) at a velocity greater than the phase velocity of light in that same medium.

Short story: the radiation coming off of that underwater reactor is hauling so much ass, it's generating its own light. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dric902 said:
This is called Cherenkov Radiation - this happens when charged particles (electrons/beta radiation released during nuclear criticality, I think) pass through a medium (water in this case) at a velocity greater than the phase velocity of light in that same medium.

Short story: the radiation coming off of that underwater reactor is hauling so much ass, it's generating its own light. 

When our local Nuke facility went down for refueling, the company offered tours of the plant.  Even into secure areas where you couldn't go during normal operation.  Since some of my family run and work the plant, I decided to go.

The glow from the spent fuel pool is marvelous and amazing to see in person.  I know the reason and it still doesn't take away from  the experience, knowing what and why just makes it better.

AND!  I got two thermal mugs from them commemorating the event!

I almost forgot.  The amount of spent fuel was small and the size of the pool is also small.  It's good to put these things in perspective.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

When our local Nuke facility went down for refueling, the company offered tours of the plant.  Even into secure areas where you couldn't go during normal operation.  Since some of my family run and work the plant, I decided to go.

The glow from the spent fuel pool is marvelous and amazing to see in person.  I know the reason and it still doesn't take away from  the experience, knowing what and why just makes it better.

AND!  I got two thermal mugs from them commemorating the event!

I almost forgot.  The amount of spent fuel was small and the size of the pool is also small.  It's good to put these things in perspective.

I've been listening to an audiobook about Fukushima. I didn't realize how dangerous the spent fuel pools can be. While I'm not saying that a safe nuclear power plant can't be built, I'm having second thoughts on whether humans at our present level of responsibility can do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I've been listening to an audiobook about Fukushima. I didn't realize how dangerous the spent fuel pools can be. While I'm not saying that a safe nuclear power plant can't be built, I'm having second thoughts on whether humans at our present level of responsibility can do it.

The layout of Fukushima was bad in that they had to rely on pumps.  being next to the ocean leaves much to be desired.  The whole Nuke industry is critical of that layout as well as the plant at Diablo Canyon, CA.  Chernobyl is an example of how not to build a plant.  The American Nuclear industry would never allow such a plant design, anywhere.  It was known to be extremely high risk when the design was known.

Many times the cost of the location or the politics determine where the plant will be built.

Our local plant was called one of the safest in the country.  My family wouldn't work there if they felt there was any danger. 

The spent fuel is stored in here:  this is when modifications were being made to the structure.  

The structure is designed to contain a steam explosion.image.png.161f6996d27eba8e91be2632543997c6.pngn

image.png.814482ec7dbfdc1a6d7eab9758b21a0c.png

Our particular location is on the most stable portion of the North American Continent.

The Federal Government assured the Nuclear Power Industry that they would have a national repository for spent fuel, but after the fact, the government has done nothing.  States have even blocked transportation (air and ground) to any national repository if and when one is functional.  Liberals run the opposition.  It is still the cleanest means of power generation.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

Even though I had a degree in chemical engineering and almost as many hours in quantum physics, they would never let me get near the nuclear sparkly stuff.

:sigh:

Mebbe if we build a containment enclosure, put 100 politicians at the bottom, we can power the country with hot air.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, tous said:

Even though I had a degree in chemical engineering and almost as many hours in quantum physics, they would never let me get near the nuclear sparkly stuff.

:sigh:

Mebbe if we build a containment enclosure, put 100 politicians at the bottom, we can power the country with hot air.

7 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Or get methane from all their BS!

Steam

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic