Random Posting

Eric

1CCA2FCF-2ED2-44A6-A4CE-AF297026D854.jpeg.9956f97b51ac3f36fda6b9c09639fbcd.jpeg

Eddie Van Halen has been suffering from throat cancer for years, and he's been quietly flying between the United States and Germany for treatment, according to a new report.

TMZ reported on Sunday that the rocker believes he developed the cancer from a metal guitar pick that he used more than 20 years ago. Eddie would supposedly cradle the pick in his mouth, and doctors have told him that could have been the source of the cancer. Eddie was also a heavy smoker for years. 

According to the report, Eddie, 64, was diagnosed nearly 20 years ago. Back in 2000, shortly after he was diagnosed, doctors removed around a third of his tongue. There have also been times the cancer cells migrated down to his throat, TMZ says, and doctors have had to scrape them out

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

1CCA2FCF-2ED2-44A6-A4CE-AF297026D854.jpeg.9956f97b51ac3f36fda6b9c09639fbcd.jpeg

Eddie Van Halen has been suffering from throat cancer for years, and he's been quietly flying between the United States and Germany for treatment, according to a new report.

TMZ reported on Sunday that the rocker believes he developed the cancer from a metal guitar pick that he used more than 20 years ago. Eddie would supposedly cradle the pick in his mouth, and doctors have told him that could have been the source of the cancer. Eddie was also a heavy smoker for years. 

According to the report, Eddie, 64, was diagnosed nearly 20 years ago. Back in 2000, shortly after he was diagnosed, doctors removed around a third of his tongue. There have also been times the cancer cells migrated down to his throat, TMZ says, and doctors have had to scrape them out

It also can be caused by oral sex from a partner with HPV.  There is a vaccine for HPV.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

I was working on a superconducting sub sensor at a remote non-magnetic  site.  I experienced an odd ramping in magnetic fields and couldn't figure out the source.

On the way home I was talking with a Ham friend of mine. He said he was leaving the VA and he had installed an MRI and finished the testing that day.  His magnets could reach 1.2 Tesla in field strength.  (that's a lot!)  later models he installed could reach 2 Tesla.

The next day we talked by telephone while I ran the sensor, and he ramped the MRI magnets.  I could see his magnetic signature from almost 30 miles away.

This wasn't as unexpected as you might imagine.  I could lose system lock on thunderstorms in the Gulf of Mexico before I was able to shield from that.

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic