Random Posting

Eric

What is interesting about Lord Kelvin, real name William Thomson, is that even as aircraft flew over his head he continued to insist that his mathematics proved beyond doubt that heavier-than-air flight was impossible.

He died four years after the Wright Brothers first flight.

There were other mathematicians and physicists of the time that held the same conviction.

One of my favorite aspects of the fallacies that we science guys are prone to is Aristotle declaring that gravity causes objects to accelerate proportional to the object's mass.

It took almost 2,000 years before Galileo thought to actual test the hypothesis and proved it invalid.

Posit, then test.

Edited by tous
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Eric said:

24.jpg

I did some work at NASA,  a couple times.  One guy was once showing us around and telling of some of their current projects.

All equipment and experiments are built in an extreme clean-room environment.  They are checked,  checked, and checked,  and checked again so they won't introduce any earthbound nasties into the space environment.

When they come back,  they are checked, checked, and checked again for any space nasties that may have returned with them.

The guy told us the #1 FOD (foreign object debris) that they find on every post-inspection.......

cat hairs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

What in the hell?

I'm torn on that whole situation.  I get that we can't stay there forever, and I get that there are different groups of Kurds and some aren't our friends.......

.....but abandoning an ally like them just seems wrong.

Its well passed time all those peacefull muslims start SHOWING the world that they can live in peace.   

It took ww2 to get those euro-weenies to get that figuired out.  

If they kill each other off, fewer snakes in the world.  

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic