Random Posting

Eric

In Pennsylvania, making the “finger gun” gesture is a crime. In Missouri — a constitutional carry state — you can use it to to stop a crime. Last week, Mark Dino Russo witnessed an auto accident and the driver attempt to leave the scene after hitting two pedestrians.

According to stltoday.com, Russo was stopped at a red light when he witnessed the crash.

“…I just saw this car, a black sedan, coming fast, with its lights off, north on McCausland. And it hit a curb, went up in the air and rolled, and I think it hit a telephone pole,” he said. (Police report that damage was done to an Ameren utility pole.)

Russo said right before the crash, while he was waiting at the light, he noticed a woman on a path near the park. “After the car crashed, there was all kinds of dust and debris flying in the air, and I wondered about her,” he said.

Russo drove across McCausland into the park’s lot, got out of his truck and saw the woman lying on the ground.

Russo noticed the driver attempting to slink away. 

“I just had a feeling he was going to run away. And I just decided I wasn’t going to let him.”

Sure enough, Russo said, “when he got about 150 feet away, he started to break into a run.”

So Russo first yelled “hey” at the suspect, who stopped and turned to look at Russo. That’s when Russo, standing behind the open door of his truck, drew his deceptive digit and yelled his command.

That’s when Russo drew his digit.

…he raised an empty hand, pointed his index finger at the driver and yelled, “Stop, (bad person), or I’ll shoot.”

To everyone’s surprise, the fleeing driver stopped. At Russo’s command, he even hung around long enough for police to arrive and charge him with leaving the scene of an accident, careless and reckless driving, driving without a license, without insurance, and without valid license plates.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/st-louis-man-uses-finger-gun-to-stop-a-fleeing-suspect/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The Washington Times‘ David Sherfinsky has found that the feds collected a grand total of about 1000 bump stocks when they were made illegalearlier this year. That’s out of an estimated 280,000 to 520,000 in circulation.

To be fair, many could have been turned into state and local authorities or destroyed by their owners. But it’s not likely. And the public’s compliance (or lack thereof) is a good indicator of what can be expected if the Democrats ever succeed in getting an “assault weapons” mandatory buyback (confiscation) bill signed into law.

“There’s a significant feeling of ‘will not comply’ with gun confiscation-type laws on one hand, and on the other hand quite honestly, most gun owners probably don’t know that you were supposed to turn them in or destroy them and so they’re just keeping them anyway,” [Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan] Gottlieb said.

“I’ve traveled around the country since this was put into effect, and I don’t know anybody that had one that turned one in,” he said.

Gun rights advocates suggested in the run-up to the March 26 deadline that owners hold on to the devices as legal challenges to the rule played out in the courts. The U.S. Supreme Court turned aside several of those challenges near the time the ban took effect.

The ban could be seen as something of a smaller-scale “trial run” for what the federal government would have to do under a mandatory ban and buyback of certain military-style, semi-automatic firearms along the lines of what Democratic presidential hopeful Beto O’Rourke is advocating, said Robert Spitzer, a professor at SUNY Cortland.

“I think it does have some implications for that,” said Mr. Spitzer, who has written extensively on the politics of gun control. “On its face, it’s not clear how any kind of mandatory program would work.

– David Sherfinski in Bump stock ban’s flop a bad omen for Democrats’ gun buyback plan

• Like 1

So, (sorry, gwalch) I was playing hearts against the computer today.

I am an accomplished hearts layer.

I won a lot of money in college playing hearts.

Even if I don't win, I rarely come in less than second.

Today, I got creamed.

I mean, my ass was so kicked I was tempted to call it football.

Stuck with the queen three straight hands and then it went downhill from there.

I am beginning to suspect that the computer knows what cards are in my hand.  :miff:

Mebbe it's just been toying with me.

Nap time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, tous said:

So, (sorry, gwalch) I was playing hearts against the computer today.

I am an accomplished hearts layer.

I won a lot of money in college playing hearts.

Even if I don't win, I rarely come in less than second.

Today, I got creamed.

I mean, my ass was so kicked I was tempted to call it football.

Stuck with the queen three straight hands and then it went downhill from there.

I am beginning to suspect that the computer knows what cards are in my hand.  :miff:

Mebbe it's just been toying with me.

Nap time.

Like Kim Kardasian playing poker with mirrored glasses

A005C73F-7FF4-4E8B-AD14-F3FC5E1E762E.jpeg.12734a6f8e76d7f119aa8fc9742b6821.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was on a business trip to Andromeda and thought I'd take this classic for for a spin. Interior was re-done, outside was a little rough. Sadly, the anti-gravity drive wasn't original, power source was a VW engine from Earth. I suspect the 12 finger parts supply was involved. Shame, the classics just aren't in demand. Paul.

flying saucer redddit.jpg

• Like 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic