Random Posting

Eric

• Administrators

My friend's boy, when he was young, had a lot of toy guns. Some of his favorites were laser pistols. When he played with the regular pistols, he well knew what sound effects to add. When it came to the lasers though, he was at a loss. So, when he fired his toy lasers, he would say, "L-L-L-A-A-A-S-S-S-E-E-E-R-R-R!!!!", in a very dramatic fashion. It used to crack me up. He turned lasers into onomatopoeia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eric said:

My friend's boy, when he was young, had a lot of toy guns. Some of his favorites were laser pistols. When he played with the regular pistols, he well knew what sound effects to add. When it came to the lasers though, he was at a loss. So, when he fired his toy lasers, he would say, "L-L-L-A-A-A-S-S-S-E-E-E-R-R-R!!!!", in a very dramatic fashion. It used to crack me up. He turned lasers into onomatopoeia.

The thousand watt IR pulsed Laser I used would sound like a .22 when it fired. 

It punched a 3/8" deep hole in the sheet rock wall one time when it wasn't aligned with the optics.

The Pumped Dye laser also had a loud pop when you got your hand or arm in the beam, and it boiled the moisture in your skin and popped a few layers off.  You'd feel the impulse as if something touched you.

7 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Gives them the chance to learn medical principles by actual practice

We once rigged up bedsheets to pop off the back of our bikes,  like drag chutes.

The only real practical test was, obviously, to head to the steepest hill we could find.  (lots of really steep ones around.

The deceleration effect was miniscule-to-none.

After several tries,  we decided that all they really did was cause you to ride a bike down a very steep and rocky hill,  waaay too fast.

The only medical knowledge gained that day was very minimal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Huaco Kid said:

We once rigged up bedsheets to pop off the back of our bikes,  like drag chutes.

The only real practical test was, obviously, to head to the steepest hill we could find.  (lots of really steep ones around.

The deceleration effect was miniscule-to-none.

After several tries,  we decided that all they really did was cause you to ride a bike down a very steep and rocky hill,  waaay too fast.

The only medical knowledge gained that day was very minimal.

STOPPING!!!!!  Why didn't I think of that!!!!!

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic