Random Posting

Eric

4 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

I though I posted this yesterday, but if I did it disappeared.  No message telling me it violated any rules either, so I'm going to try again.

A suggestion, if your in doubt about a posting, post it in the "man cave" just to be safe.

• Like 4

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

I though I posted this yesterday, but if I did it disappeared.  No message telling me it violated any rules either, so I'm going to try again.

It was removed because it was not appropriate content for an open forum here. Something I have posted about repeatedly, in this thread. As has been suggested, we have an area called the Man Cave Club, if you want to post such things. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Walmart and Kroger offer to sell Visa prepaid money cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be able to see the sense of buying prepaid money cards to send to family as gifts or to a person as a limited gift.  But I can't understand why someone would want to continually send their income to a third party, just to get a debit card thinking they could impress their slow friends into thinking they have an exclusive color credit card.  This is preying on the stupid.

Banks are bad enough that they give you almost nothing for interest these days, but the debit card people don't give the people that send them their money continuously, anything.

It is a scam that is no different that if I told you to give me all your money as you get it and I will give it back to you as you spend it.  I am not concerned with your financial responsibility or with covering you temporarily for over spending.  It serves no useful nor functional purpose except to provide me with free money to invest so I can keep the interest income.  You get nothing except the inconvenience of having to deal with someone at a distance to get your money back.  It's your money!  If you can't manage it properly on your own, you certainly can't manage it any better by circulating it through some third party.

You get nothing from this.  There is not credit offered if you over spend, and because it is a debit card, you can't spend what you don't have either.  I see no logical return for loaning your money to someone else to invest, while giving you nothing back.

This is an offering that depends on the ignorance of those falling for it.  I realize you have no responsibility for protecting people from themselves, but this is a masked means of preying on the foolish.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

This is an offering that depends on the ignorance of those falling for it.  I realize you have no responsibility for protecting people from themselves, but this is a masked means of preying on the foolish.

I guess you've never seen daytime TV.

Or late-late night infomercials.

People get paid a lot of money to sell to these demographics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Tangle with the Bull, you get the horns!  From now on just do as your told, I know where you sleep!

I took my lovely and naive wife to the sticks of Kentucky for a family reunion. She had never walked in a mountain stream before (loved it) 

while at a cousins home there were some feral cats with kittens under their pole barn. The wife was all girl giddy and wanted to hold a kitten.

cousin: Honey, you don’t want to mess too close to them

me: Mama, those are feral 

she learned the hard way

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

I took my lovely and naive wife to the sticks of Kentucky for a family reunion. She had never walked in a mountain stream before (loved it) 

while at a cousins home there were some feral cats with kittens under their pole barn. The wife was all girl giddy and wanted to hold a kitten.

cousin: Honey, you don’t want to mess too close to them

me: Mama, those are feral 

she learned the hard way

I almost had a similar experience when I tried to pick up my Great Grand Daughter to put her in my lap.  She went feral on me too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic