Random Posting

Eric

5 hours ago, Moshe said:

They do.  However, the premise is humanity is somehow evolving in a superior way is false.  Intellectuals have stopped having children or have very few.  Whereas undereducated/and/or criminal populations are having kids like to propagate.

When fools cease to lose their lives due to the foolish things they do, (example: Narcan saving drug addicts…… Multiple times), pretty soon you are awash in fools. 

You shouldn't fight Darwin.  In the end he will win, if only because of the huge numbers of surviving fools bringing down society all at once instead of a little at a time.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, deputy tom said:

That's actually Uncle Charley O'Casey. tom. :homersimpson:

My Three Sons - with Fred McMurray. I used to watch that every evening after supper.

I can't recall the son's names (without cheating) though... Chip, Ernie, ....?

• Like 3

If I can get GPS directions on my phone....

The F-5E Tigers of the aerobatic display team missed their target by about 6 km.

A rather unusual as well as bit embarrassing “incident” occurred to the the Swiss Air Force’s “Patrouille Suisse” Display Team on Saturday Jul. 6, 2019: the team’s jets were scheduled to fly over Langenbruck, in northwestern Switzerland, south of Basel, where the commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the death of Swiss aviation pioneer Oskar Bider was held, but they flew over Mümliswil, missing the target by about 6 km.

“Unfortunate circumstances” were the root cause of the mistake according to a spokesman of the Swiss Air Force. In fact, as reported by Le Matin media outlet, during the approach to the target, the leader of the team spotted a large festival area with a tent, with a tent in Mümliswil, which prompted him to fly over it. The 31st yodel festival in northwestern Switzerland was being held there: people attending this festival enjoyed the unplanned flyover.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

When fools cease to lose their lives due to the foolish things they do, (example: Narcan saving drug addicts…… Multiple times), pretty soon you are awash in fools. 

You shouldn't fight Darwin.  In the end he will win, if only because of the huge numbers of surviving fools bringing down society all at once instead of a little at a time.

And we're still sure that eugenics is a bad idea?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KWalrad said:

My Three Sons - with Fred McMurray. I used to watch that every evening after supper.

I can't recall the son's names (without cheating) though... Chip, Ernie, ....?

It began with Mike, Robby and Chip (Richard.)

Mike vanished about halfway through, so the Douglas family adopted orphaned Ernie.

I can still hear the theme and see the moving shoes of the introduction.

Odd that I can recall detalls of a television program that went off of the air in the 1960s, yet cannot recall what I had for lunch yesterday.  :sigh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tous said:

It began with Mike, Robby and Chip (Richard.)

Mike vanished about halfway through, so the Douglas family adopted orphaned Ernie.

I can still hear the theme and see the moving shoes of the introduction.

Odd that I can recall detalls of a television program that went off of the air in the 1960s, yet cannot recall what I had for lunch yesterday.  :sigh:

Some things are memorable, some things are not.

• Like 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic