Random Posting

Eric

On 6/16/2019 at 9:36 PM, pipedreams said:

Screenshot_2019-06-16 ).png

I was at an A&W drive inn yesterday with my old dude for lunch, we went in his 32 Ford Vicky, it is sort of a fathers day tradition for him and I the last 20 or so years. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eric said:

post-346-1560820576.jpg

Long, long, time ago there was a VW in our company parking lot (employee) with a 327 Chevy mounted in the front seat.  You drove it from the back seat.  

I have seen an Isetta with a Corvair Spider Engine in it doing wheelies, but I sure would like to see a VW with a V8 running fast sprints.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul53 said:

It's OK. He'll be blind after looking at the laser anyway.

I spent decades working with lasers from very low power to 1,000's of Watts. At almost any color you can imagine (tunable dye lasers and semiconductor communications lasers) to IR monsters.

If you looked into the beam on some low power lasers you could burn out portion of your retina and thus have "blind spots" in certain places.  Of course the was little leeway between those and burning out your retina completely.

Because of my exposure to them while working in the lab, we used to have to go in once a year and have our retina mapped to identify any possible damage.  The company lawyers were adamant on enforcing this on all researchers.

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic