Random Posting

Eric

So I ended up bidding on another military surplus auction.  Ended up being busy when the actual auction happened, and my bid was below what I thought the item should go for, so was pleasantly surprised when I won.

Went and picked up my winnings today, got it home and took it apart to look at it, as it was sold in "non operational" condition.

Managed to get the thing started, found a couple minor issues along with the major issue as to why it was sold (someone dropped something heavy on it and damaged the housing)

Need to buy a new starter solenoid, some fuel return line, and a bunch of nuts and bolts I managed to break, but I now have an Army 5KW diesel generator with a whole whopping 10 hours of run time on it, that's 8 years old.  These things don't even get the break in oil removed until they get to 100 hours, so I'd say I did pretty good.  I paid about 1/8th what I can find it being sold for new, so I think I got a pretty good deal.

Now to figure out why the heck I bought it and what I'm actually going to do with it once it's fixed.

At least being single I don't have to come up with excuses about it :)

Edited by Cougar_ml
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Some 485,000 “Game of Thrones” fans as of Wednesday afternoon have signed a petition urging HBO to remake the show’s eighth and final season with a new team of writers. The petition’s creator wrote that the showrunners of the series “have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on.” [USA Today]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Whats the word?

Whats the word.jpeg

Mental illness. There's a pervasive illusion that women with big butts are attractive. Many primitive cultures promoted the idea since obviously such body shapes could ensure survival through famine (see Willendorf, Adveeno, etc.), but it's become popular in our culture due to the media glorifying the "thug culture" (see Kardashian). Like all such stupid fads, it will too pass.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Mental illness. There's a pervasive illusion that women with big butts are attractive. Many primitive cultures promoted the idea since obviously such body shapes could ensure survival through famine (see Willendorf, Adveeno, etc.), but it's become popular in our culture due to the media glorifying the "thug culture" (see Kardashian). Like all such stupid fads, it will too pass.

I hope it's sooner rather than later.  Moderation in all things!

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic