Random Posting

Eric

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I had a interesting experience on the day when the spring compressor broke.  Fortune favors the ignorant.  I didn't get hurt.

It is amazing how quickly potential energy can convert itself to kinetic energy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

It is amazing how quickly potential energy can convert itself to kinetic energy. 

Ain't that the truth.  The scary time is when it happens, and you have to count your fingers to see if you are hurt!

• Like 6

Speaking of obsessive, I got a wild hair and had to look this up.

The measurement on pants from the crotch to the waistband is called the "Rise".  It is different for each manufacturer and possibly for each style of pants and jeans.

The waistband size is not a real measurement.  It varies for every manufacturer of jeans (I didn't look up dress pants)

So.  Here's the "scoop" on waist band sizes:     (I KNEW IT!!!!)

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire: Is the labeled waistline on your jeans accurate?https://www.ties.com/blog/pants-size-comparison

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I work a job where I occasionally get to see what happens to ordinary things when they get dropped from great heights.

I once had a cordless drill,  from 300',  hit the asphalt about 20 yards away from me. (I wasn't watching it, but I heard it, and shrapnel was impressive.  New underwear time.)

It came apart in waaaay more pieces than it took to put it together.

(I once dropped a bic pen from ~200'.  I found it stuck in the asphalt, like an arrow. it didn't still write.)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Huaco Kid said:

I work a job where I occasionally get to see what happens to ordinary things when they get dropped from great heights.

I once had a cordless drill,  from 300',  hit the asphalt about 20 yards away from me. (I wasn't watching it, but I heard it, and shrapnel was impressive.  New underwear time.)

The underwear?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Speaking of obsessive, I got a wild hair and had to look this up.

The measurement on pants from the crotch to the waistband is called the "Rise".  It is different for each manufacturer and possibly for each style of pants and jeans.

The waistband size is not a real measurement.  It varies for every manufacturer of jeans (I didn't look up dress pants)

So.  Here's the "scoop" on waist band sizes:     (I KNEW IT!!!!)

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire: Is the labeled waistline on your jeans accurate?https://www.ties.com/blog/pants-size-comparison

I can handle the discrepancy in waist sizes on my own. I take issue with the lengths listed. 35" x 36" in one are perfect (with room for an inside the waistband holstered firearm. The next company, and they're too tight or too loose. God forbid you wash them....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

(I once dropped a bic pen from ~200'.  I found it stuck in the asphalt, like an arrow. it didn't still write.)

Mikita?

16 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

The underwear?

lol.  Those, too.

(And because I was the next guy going up,  they made me pull up ~80lbs of these 12" wide x 10' long oil-absorbent environmental things,  to stuff into every imaginable space, gap  or crack where something might fall through.

I appreciate their quick solution to a safety concern,  but damn,  make the guy that dropped the drill climb back up and pull it all up!)

(the consequences of the rope slipping and me dropping 80lbs of punching-bags was probably much more dangerous than me dropping a screwdriver (i don't use drills up there))

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic