Random Posting

Eric

• Administrators
1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

7dcbc153-1b3e-4310-b060-9bd6c33a08f3.png

I was trading in a Nissan Maxima on a Jeep Cherokee, about a year after I started Glock Talk. I was talking to the salesman and I put my foot up on the bumper of the car and leaned on it a bit. When I did, a spent .45ACP case fell out of the grill and onto the pavement. He looked down and chuckled a bit. I had been out in the desert firing earlier and I guess some brass must have been bouncing off the car's grill.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I think I actually know this one, but did check Google to be sure.

They were probably fired by a Glock. I say probably because I don't know if there is another pistol with that oddly-shaped striker. Plus, with a Glock, the face of the primer extrudes into the striker hole in the breech face, leaving a raised rectangular mark and the Glock striker impact on the primer is always offset to the bottom end of the impression.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

They were probably fired by a Glock. I say probably because I don't know if there is another pistol with that oddly-shaped striker. Plus, with a Glock, the face of the primer extrudes into the striker hole in the breech face, leaving a rectangular mark and the Glock striker impact on the primer is always offset to the bottom end of the impression.

I was thinking Kahr, but was torn between it and Glock.

But apparently it's a striker-fired thing because Sig 365s do it too.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I was thinking Kahr, but was torn between it and Glock.

But apparently it's a striker-fired thing because Sig 365s do it too.

The primer strike being offset like that though could be unique. I've never noticed it on other brass, although I never really looked for it. I just know that all the brass I ever collected, after being fired through my G21, looked exactly like that pic.

• Like 1

Tomb of the Unknowns Guards Begin Use of Custom M17 Pistols

"Yesterday, Tomb Guards from the US Army’s 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) were presented with 4 ceremonial M17 pistols at Arlington National Cemetery. These works of art were created by SIG SAUER specifically for use by the Guards."

image.png.bc65c27df6008a5115b4f323b8689392.png

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/10/13/tomb-of-the-unknowns-guards-begin-use-of-custom-m17-pistols/

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 13th, 2018

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Eric said:

If you can look at that fired brass and know what brand of pistol most likely fired it, you are an accomplished gun nut.

I’ve got a Glock 30 that makes brass look just like that.

and I have found them in the washer

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic