Random Posting

Eric

9 minutes ago, Citra47 said:

You must have a really strong stomach. Enjoy the MRE's

I usually do enjoy them.  I'm sorry to see they don't have the vegetarian burrito anymore, that was one of my favorites.  Tomorrow night I'm going to take a couple I already have for a buddy to try out.  He's considering buying a few cases to have around, but has never eaten them before.

The way I view it, $6 for a lunch or dinner I can toss into the car and forget about for a few months until I'm really hungry isn't a bad deal.  My job tends to take me to all sorts of random places around here, usually not more than 20 or 30 minutes from civilization, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

My Battalion commander would always eat the Turkey with Gravy MRE when we were away from base and he was going to go exercise later that day.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

I usually do enjoy them.  I'm sorry to see they don't have the vegetarian burrito anymore, that was one of my favorites.  Tomorrow night I'm going to take a couple I already have for a buddy to try out.  He's considering buying a few cases to have around, but has never eaten them before.

The way I view it, $6 for a lunch or dinner I can toss into the car and forget about for a few months until I'm really hungry isn't a bad deal.  My job tends to take me to all sorts of random places around here, usually not more than 20 or 30 minutes from civilization, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

My Battalion commander would always eat the Turkey with Gravy MRE when we were away from base and he was going to go exercise later that day.

When I was in the service MRE's had not yet been developed but were probably in the testing process.  Some of the more specialized troops in Viet Nam, especially long range patrol units carried LRPs if they could get them.  They were supposed to be much more tasty than the boxed c-rats and also more compact. I tried some of the first issue MRE's after I was out of the service and while more palatable than c-rats I didn't much care for them. I understand MRE's did progress into pretty tasty meals.  That's a good thing.

Edited by Citra47
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Citra47 said:

When I was in the service MRE's had not yet been developed but were probably in the testing process.  Some of the more specialized troops in Viet Nam carried, especially long range patrol units carried LRPs if they could get them.  They were supposed to be much more tasty than the boxed c-rats and also more compact. I tried some of the first issue MRE's after I was out of the service and while port palatable than c-rats I didn't much care for them. I understand MRE's did progress into pretty tasty meals.  That's a good thing.

I liked the C rats better than the original lots of MREs. Plus you needed water for the MREs and it could be an issue at times.

(at least if you wanted to heat it up)

the latter ones with the heaters and better menus seem to be an improvement.

• Like 2

Just now, Dric902 said:

I liked the C rats better than the original lots of MREs. Plus you needed water for the MREs and it could be an issue at times.

(at least if you wanted to heat it up)

the latter ones with the heaters and better menus seem to be an improvement.

agreed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Citra47 said:

When I was in the service MRE's had not yet been developed but were probably in the testing process.  Some of the more specialized troops in Viet Nam, especially long range patrol units carried LRPs if they could get them.  They were supposed to be much more tasty than the boxed c-rats and also more compact. I tried some of the first issue MRE's after I was out of the service and while more palatable than c-rats I didn't much care for them. I understand MRE's did progress into pretty tasty meals.  That's a good thing.

Chicken ala King. I'll rip the arms off of the next man that hands me a Chicken ala King MRE and beat him about the head and neck with them until dead.

Edited by KWalrad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, KWalrad said:

Chicken ala King. I'll rip the arms off of the next man that hands me a Chicken ala King MRE and beat him about the head and neck until dead.

you'll be happy to know then that it's no longer on the menu.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was in service 2005-2009, I always ended up with a good MRE once I figured out the ones I liked.  Heck, a little bit of horse trading, and a vegetarian MRE that tasted bad to me could be turned into 2 decent meals by all the sides/deserts in the veggie meals.

• Like 1

The 2 most common phrases I heard in the ER were 1] "I only had 2 beers." In this context 2 means more, maybe many more, than one, and 2] "I have no idea how that got in there." There are a few common variations on this, like "I passed out at a party and when I woke up......" "That" being most produce and any inanimate object up to about 3 times what you would think. Beyond the entertainment factor, it's important to remember that lonely people do what they need to do to numb the pain of loneliness.

.....and, “Daddy doesn’t drink.”; “I don’t do drugs.”; “The pain (or problem) started four months ago.” LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:
No photo description available.
Pulled from facebook.  The "99% will fail" is a bit overstated.  Reading through, looks more like about 66% fail.

Personally, I say #3

If I'm reading it right (ie some of the pipes are blocked) then I say 3 as well.  If all pipes are clear then 4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cougar_ml said:
No photo description available.
Pulled from facebook.  The "99% will fail" is a bit overstated.  Reading through, looks more like about 66% fail.

Personally, I say #3

the connection to 4 and 6 is closed, 5 is blocked

3 is smaller that 2 and will fill to the sideline first, but it is blocked. So while 7 is filling, 3 will top off.

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic