Random Posting

Eric

I lost my keys.

3 hours after I lost my keys I finally figured out what happened.

This of course was after searching my car, my truck, 2 farm tractors, my house, several hundred yards of forest and trails (once before dark, once after dark, and it's freezing outside), and of course, the fridge.  

Finally figured out they were still in the door of the gun cabinet, 5 feet from where I am currently sitting, in plain sight, but not a direction I normally look (tucked into a corner between two cabinets, and I don't get into or out of that cabinet very often).  Finally sat down and tried to replay what I could possibly have used them for, then realized it was me putting a rifle into the new RTIC case I bought meant I opened the cabinet, and as I didn't put anything back in the cabinet I didn't lock it and retrieve the keys.

I've only lost them one other time, and that one took me 2 hours to figure out they were plugged into the laptop computer, sitting in plain sight and walked past about a dozen times while trying to figure out what I did with them.

I figure in 10 years time only losing my keys twice isn't that bad.  Considering where I "lost" them at, I'm starting to not trust my brain.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

I lost my keys.

3 hours after I lost my keys I finally figured out what happened.

This of course was after searching my car, my truck, 2 farm tractors, my house, several hundred yards of forest and trails (once before dark, once after dark, and it's freezing outside), and of course, the fridge.  

Finally figured out they were still in the door of the gun cabinet, 5 feet from where I am currently sitting, in plain sight, but not a direction I normally look (tucked into a corner between two cabinets, and I don't get into or out of that cabinet very often).  Finally sat down and tried to replay what I could possibly have used them for, then realized it was me putting a rifle into the new RTIC case I bought meant I opened the cabinet, and as I didn't put anything back in the cabinet I didn't lock it and retrieve the keys.

I've only lost them one other time, and that one took me 2 hours to figure out they were plugged into the laptop computer, sitting in plain sight and walked past about a dozen times while trying to figure out what I did with them.

I figure in 10 years time only losing my keys twice isn't that bad.  Considering where I "lost" them at, I'm starting to not trust my brain.  

10 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

The other day I went all over the house trying to figure out where I put/lost my handkerchief.  I am kind of obsessive about where this are.  Later I found that I had simply put it into a different pocket when I had picked up the dog to put him outside to potty.  He's going on 19 years old now and I hold/carry him every minute I can.

Almost lost my car key fob.  It was returned at a store.  When I found out mine cost $200 to replace, I now carry it on a pocket watch chain.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic