Random Posting

Eric

But I got a really good check,  for being 6 years old.

My parents dolled it out,  for a long time, I guess.  The last thing I got was a magnificent Flexible-Flyer!

I think I remember Mom and Dad getting a lot of new furniture about the same time,  but I had ALL the 'Billy Blastoff'  you could get.

We'll call it a draw.

• Haha 1

I won $1000's of $ by winning a swimming race on the SS France.  It was a big fancy deal.

I didn't know.

It was just a kids race.

A dozen French, German, Polish, English, Scottish, and Dicaprio's they had.  Alll hungry,  and trained.

I was in third grade.  Mom,  when I was younger,  taught swimming.  This I could do.  I was drowned proof.

So I won.  In an olympic pool.  We got invited to the Captain's table.

I don't remember any toy-money coming from that one.

But after Action Man had to go up and down the bunk-ladder,  to kill the Barbie encampment,  100 times,  he got tired.

So... my pre-engineering brain got some leather straps (from my sister's Tandy kits) and I tied him to the ceiling fan hub.

Turn the fan on,  and it would take five seconds for it all to twist up and pick AM up,  into the top bunk.  Did it for days.  And carried all his gear up there too.

This part of the Ocean was safe,  because AM was large and in charge!

Then.....   I don't know.

AM missed his mark.

And missed the bunkbeds.  My finger was the only one that could have been on the switch, or chain.

And he spun up into the ceiling,  right in the fan motor,  and locked up,  in leather straps.

And it made buzzing sounds.  And louder ones.

And made smoke.  And way too much smoke.  And smoke smell.

So I ran away.

Bolted.

On the same ship,  there was a huge storm. 

Me and my buddy that  I met, (don't remember his name),  went out onto the back of the ship, the very end part.  Where Dicaprio hung on to.

There was the swimming pool.

We were mesmerized by seeing the bottom of this end of the pool,  and then Swish! the bottom of that end of the pool.

We were having a great time throwing life preservers and lounge chairs all over the railings!  And into the pool.

Then some ship-hands came out and got us.

And yelled at us.

And yelled at us a lot more.

And cursed at us, and stuff.

I don't know.  They never told Mom and Dad, I guess.

The kids and grandkids recently spent the night.

At 10pm, or midnight,  the boys were going crazy-berserk, like Indians (Pawnee).

I told everyone that we should let them watch the SAW movie.  That it would shut them up.  For a week.  Or Two.

My parenting skills have only become more refined,  since mine were younger.

So I waited 20 minuets. Minits.

And asked the desk-guy and he called the back-room guy and he brought it out.  But one wheel was busted off.  Which could happen.

Except,  there were still ball-bearings and some of the tracks,  still spilling across the floor.

I told the guy,  "Wow.  The wheel is broke off."

He said, "No, it's not."

"Yeah.  It pretty much is."

"It was like that."