Random Posting

Eric

A truly random posting:

I broke my hearing aid today.  It's so old that the plastic got brittle and an attachment broke off.

I searched the Internet and found a place to deal with it nearby.  I got there today, One of the few days they took "walk-ins", and met with probably the most pleasant woman I have had the pleasure to talk to for a very long time.

She was an original rep for my brand and model hearing aide, and she was here only one day a week.  She drove up each week from a town 100 miles away.  A wonderful coincidence for me. 

She even had spare parts along with programming software for my old hearing aide in her car!

No one at the office wore masks.  My wife and I had a wonderful time talking with this woman and she seemed to have middle class life values similar to ours.

When I gave them my ID and Insurance cards, she glanced at my CCW permit.  She said, "Hey!  I have one of those!". 

I was pleased and told her all the women in my family had one. She said she got one because her husband was a Detective in the town where she lived. 

We had a lot in common, including her disdain for the present political state and all the Covid crap.

I wasn't charged for my repair, and she offered to do another hearing response work up on me for free next Tuesday.  I can even hear better than before!  She included some hardware improvements.

I doubt I will buy another hearing aide, but it will be interesting to see how much my hearing has deteriorated over 20+ years.

When we left, I told her that she was the first person to shake my hand in damned near a year, and it felt nice. 

As we drove away, I asked my wife what she thought of the woman.  She said, "She's pretty and easy to talk with", but I'm not into women like you are":noooo:.........................

Blonde/married/early 40's/wonderful personality/conservative/armed.  Everything you'd want in a woman.  But she's married to a cop - and I doubt my wife would approve.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, janice6 said:

A truly random posting:

I broke my hearing aid today.  It's so old that the plastic got brittle and an attachment broke off.

I searched the Internet and found a place to deal with it nearby.  I got there today, One of the few days they took "walk-ins", and met with probably the most pleasant woman I have had the pleasure to talk to for a very long time.

She was an original rep for my brand and model hearing aide, and she was here only one day a week.  She drove up each week from a town 100 miles away.  A wonderful coincidence for me. 

She even had spare parts along with programming software for my old hearing aide in her car!

No one at the office wore masks.  My wife and I had a wonderful time talking with this woman and she seemed to have middle class life values similar to ours.

When I gave them my ID and Insurance cards, she glanced at my CCW permit.  She said, "Hey!  I have one of those!". 

I was pleased and told her all the women in my family had one. She said she got one because her husband was a Detective in the town where she lived. 

We had a lot in common, including her disdain for the present political state and all the Covid crap.

I wasn't charged for my repair, and she offered to do another hearing response work up on me for free next Tuesday.  I can even hear better than before!  She included some hardware improvements.

I doubt I will buy another hearing aide, but it will be interesting to see how much my hearing has deteriorated over 20+ years.

When we left, I told her that she was the first person to shake my hand in damned near a year, and it felt nice. 

As we drove away, I asked my wife what she thought of the woman.  She said, "She's pretty and easy to talk with", but I'm not into women like you are":noooo:.........................

Blonde/married/early 40's/wonderful personality/conservative/armed.  Everything you'd want in a woman.  But she's married to a cop - and I doubt my wife would approve.

If ya ever DO need a new set of Aids, I'd Highly recommend costcos.  800 bucks each, and  a Great warrenty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2