Random Posting

Eric

38 minutes ago, Historian said:

I doubt he really said this since he wrote the intro to a well know holocaust denier's book claiming the number was too high.

I've never understood why this man was ever taken seriously.

He might not have said it.  Honestly don't know.  But the last two paragraphs are what I Agree with.  Our "education" system today is completely worthless and a complete disgrace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pipedreams said:

7e37e42dc3045dd5.jpg

I saw a doctor Friday to have something cut from my eyelid.  My wife was with me.

As usual, my wife and I traded barbs while the doctor cut. The doctor Introduced us to an elderly man explaining that he was "Observing" my treatment.

I asked why the doctor (Jill was her first name)  seemed to be anxious.  She said that she was worried that if she laughed at us, it might require her to do some "explaining".

I smiled at her and told her, "it's OK".  That my wife and I kept track of how many people we could make laugh.

She  was an excellent doctor and a really nice person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

He might not have said it.  Honestly don't know.  But the last two paragraphs are what I Agree with.  Our "education" system today is completely worthless and a complete disgrace.

Ahh...I will disagree about it being worthless and a disgrace.  Sorta.   It's become very political.

About the Holocaust:  He wrote the introduction to that book.   Kind of hard to back down from a printed book.

Anyway.  He's a nut job.  A liberal bed wetting nut job.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Ahh...I will disagree about it being worthless and a disgrace.  Sorta.   It's become very political.

You're such a nice man.  Really sir. 

I once went to a "High School" to present...becoming a "Tradesman" discussion.   2016. 

To a class of "Juniors"...11th grade.   I'll just say this history...I have seen First hand the "Children" in our schools.  Have You? .   

The most disrespectful little bastards I had ever seen in my life.  Not One bit interested in the Subject.  It was just an "Interlude" from the "Teaching ****".  AND that was back in 2016. 

Have you even Seen what passes as a "History Class" or seen the "History Books" our kids are being taught out of???  I think not.  Might want to check it out.  I got 3 teachers live across the street from me.  Two democrats and a half assed republican....

I don't know how they can live with themselves teaching this CRAP.  AND...Now "They"... want to throw in CRT into the "Education"?  Sorry bro...you and me on a different page.

And...the "Half assed Republican"...Is a ******* Music Teacher...

BRILLIANT!!!:rock:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

You're such a nice man.  Really sir. 

I once went to a "High School" to present...becoming a "Tradesman" discussion.   2016. 

To a class of "Juniors"...11th grade.   I'll just say this history...I have seen First hand the "Children" in our schools.  Have You? .   

The most disrespectful little bastards I had ever seen in my life.  Not One bit interested in the Subject.  It was just an "Interlude" from the "Teaching ****".  AND that was back in 2016. 

Have you even Seen what passes as a "History Class" or seen the "History Books" our kids are being taught out of???  I think not.  Might want to check it out.  I got 3 teachers live across the street from me.  Two democrats and a half assed republican....

I don't know how they can live with themselves teaching this CRAP.  AND...Now "They"... want to throw in CRT into the "Education"?  Sorry bro...you and me on a different page.

And...the "Half assed Republican"...Is a ******* Music Teacher...

BRILLIANT!!!:rock:

No we are pretty much on the same page.

People have asked me many times why I don't teach history.  The answer is I can't teach it the way it should because it has become very political.

Education in general has gone that way.    But i still think there is great value in learning.   That includes STEM education.  Science, technology, engineering and math. 

It's harder to make those areas as political as a political science course.  And this is where most of the idiots you read about can be found.   They can live with teaching this way because it's how they think.   They see no problem with calling people names because they have actually done very little else in life.   They live in a cultured bubble that lets them live.    This is the sphere of CRT...and CRT is really nothing more than a wedge designed to divide society and force identity politics upon the people thus making some pigs more equal than others....it's strait up Marxism/Communism.

As for seeing education first hand?   I have been part of the education of Little Historian since birth.  I spend a crap load every year to send her to a private school.  And i read every lesson she has so I know what is being taught.   So far...there have been very few corrections.  I am also involved with some volunteer work that puts me in contact with a lot of kids in the 11th grade.   A lot of them are more "normal" than you would think.   At least until they get to college.

As for trades:  I am a massive advocate of it.   You can make an outstanding living in the trades.  I know.  Where i work...i have seen what we pay electricians per hour.  Let alone plumbers.   We have a great program here locally with our local former community college (they now offer four year degrees) that will get someone a two year degree and a job as an electrician in training.   Not only that but there are several local companies that recruit directly out of that program some of the best electricians i've ever met.  I like them enough I hired them to do work at my home and my parent's home.

Hell, my job is most IT, and i would call it a trade.    Mrs. Historian is a nurse.  That's pretty much a trade in it's own right. 

Bottom line is we need to get back to teaching how to think rather than one to think.  That what to think is where I have an issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Historian said:

No we are pretty much on the same page.

People has asked me many times why I don't teach history.  The answer is I can't teach it the way it should because it has become very political.

Education in general has gone that way.    But i still think there is great value in learning.   That includes STEM education.  Science, technology, engineering and math. 

It's harder to make those areas as political as a political science course.  And this is where most of the idiots you read about can be found.   They can live with teaching this way because it's how they think.   They see no problem with calling people names because they have actually done very little else in life.   They live in a cultured bubble that lets them live.    This is the sphere of CRT...and CRT is really nothing more than a wedge designed to divide society and force identity politics upon the people thus making some pigs more equal than others....it's strait up Marxism/Communism.

As for seeing education first hand?   I have been part of the education of Little Historian since birth.  I spend a crap load every year to send her to a private school.  And i read every lesson she has so I know what is being taught.   So far...there have been very few corrections.  I am also involved with some volunteer work that puts me in contact with a lot of kids in the 11th grade.   A lot of them are more "normal" than you would think.   At least until they get to college.

As for trades:  I am a massive advocate of it.   You can make an outstanding living in the trades.  I know.  Where i work...i have seen what we pay electricians per hour.  Let alone plumbers.   We have a great program here locally with our local former community college (they now offer four year degrees) that will get someone a two year degree and a job as an electrician in training.   Not only that but there are several local companies that recruit directly out of that program some of the best electricians i've ever met.  I like them enough I hired them to do work at my home and my parent's home.

Hell, my job is most IT, and i would call it a trade.    Mrs. Historian is a nurse.  That's pretty much a trade in it's own right. 

Bottom line is we need to get back to teaching how to think rather than one to think.  That what to think is where I have an issue.

WE, are from a different time  :(  (And we are the minority)

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Historian said:

No kidding.  

I get where Swamp is coming from.  I think the system has been hijacked.

However, I do think a broad education is a good thing.

You are going to have to explain your meaning of the word ‘broad’, in that context. :supergrin:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Eric said:

You are going to have to explain your meaning of the word ‘broad’, in that context. :supergrin:

Oh OH Broad? 

This one?

Broad Meaning | Best 43 Definitions of Broad

What does broad mean? Broad is defined as a slang term used to describe a woman. (noun) An example of a broad is a woman.
Or ABROAD meaning.... overseas.........................          never mind
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I know all of y'all have heard of and maybe even used a Singer sewing machine but I had never even heard of these other brands or models. I wonder where those names came from ... ? Husqvarna and Messerschmitt.

Sewing Machine - Singer.jpg

Sewing Machine - Husquarna.jpg

Sewing Machine - Messerschmitt.jpg

Viking are still serious pro end machines. They make sewing machines, sergers, embroidery machines and quilting machines. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1