Random Posting

Eric

2 hours ago, DAKA said:

All he needed in addition was a ZIPPO...Just step back  and chuck it at them   Umm roasted hijacker

When I worked at a gas station as a teen I carried a Zippo lighter just in case someone was trying to rob me. Hose 'em down and flick the Zippo. Problem solved. tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

When I worked at a gas station as a teen I carried a Zippo lighter just in case someone was trying to rob me. Hose 'em down and flick the Zippo. Problem solved. tom.

I don't smoke....often...and still carry one.  It's like having a Case pocket knife in your pocket.  If your pants are on some things are obligated.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

We had an axe with a shortened handle at one of our stations. It got used a couple times. I used it once. Took out a rear window of a car. Cops had an easy time finding it. My great uncle preferred a brick. Beaned one guy up side of the head for stealing oil. 

Different days. 

• Like 3

This really just happened.  So, I have a 2-gallon aquarium on my desk right in front of my face, for decades, that I usually had a betta in.  (I could keep a beta alive for 5+ years),  but it's been a long time.  It's been an empty, bubbling tank.

On the other wall is a 45 gal,  that I always grew (tiger) oscar's in.  (the last one was as big as a football, and 10+ years when he got too big for it.  I was trying to give him away,  but he floated.  So now there's only 50 guppies and and the red-tailed shark (not a rainbow shark, they're gay) in there.  I put them all in 10 years ago. The shark was 1" long (he's easily 7+ years).  Now he's probably pushing 5".  He owns the roost.  If I'm gone too long, he just eats 50 baby guppies.  The guppy population has maintained itself exactly the same for a long time.  They're probably all pretty in-bred, by now.

So I decided to put some guppies in the little tank. Like a little guppy farm.  In case the shark gets hungry.

I picked a M and a F from the big tank. Put them in a cup, was floating the cup for temp,  and noticed that one had already got out.  So I dumped the cup into the tank.  But there was only one fish in the tank.  I checked the tank, cup, desk, ten times.  One fish.

Gone.  I know it jumped out.  They can't jump far.  I looked for five minutes.  Gone.  A total mystery.  I was about to get a new one,  when I decided to look under-behind the desk, with a flashlight.  The fish was there, very dried.  Pretty stiff.  I got him.  And I had a sadz.

So I decided to feed it to the crab. 

The crab just sits there, all year,  waiting to have freshly dead fish thrown at him.

But the fished kicked in my hand..  She was on the carpet (that'll dry them right out), by the power-strip,  an easy 5, probably 7+, maybe even 10 minutes.  I sprinkled water on her, and she arose! She was pretty mad by now.  So I put her in the tank.

It's been an hour.  I guess she'll adapt.  In a year, there will be 700 very in-bred babies in there.  They'll have the same colors as her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

This really just happened.  So, I have a 2-gallon aquarium on my desk right in front of my face, for decades, that I usually had a betta in.  (I could keep a beta alive for 5+ years),  but it's been a long time.  It's been an empty, bubbling tank.

On the other wall is a 45 gal,  that I always grew (tiger) oscar's in.  (the last one was as big as a football, and 10+ years when he got too big for it.  I was trying to give him away,  but he floated.  So now there's only 50 guppies and and the red-tailed shark (not a rainbow shark, they're gay) in there.  I put them all in 10 years ago. The shark was 1" long (he's easily 7+ years).  Now he's probably pushing 5".  He owns the roost.  If I'm gone too long, he just eats 50 baby guppies.  The guppy population has maintained itself exactly the same for a long time.  They're probably all pretty in-bred, by now.

So I decided to put some guppies in the little tank. Like a little guppy farm.  In case the shark gets hungry.

I picked a M and a F from the big tank. Put them in a cup, was floating the cup for temp,  and noticed that one had already got out.  So I dumped the cup into the tank.  But there was only one fish in the tank.  I checked the tank, cup, desk, ten times.  One fish.

Gone.  I know it jumped out.  They can't jump far.  I looked for five minutes.  Gone.  A total mystery.  I was about to get a new one,  when I decided to look under-behind the desk, with a flashlight.  The fish was there, very dried.  Pretty stiff.  I got him.  And I had a sadz.

So I decided to feed it to the crab. 

The crab just sits there, all year,  waiting to have freshly dead fish thrown at him.

But the fished kicked in my hand..  She was on the carpet (that'll dry them right out), by the power-strip,  an easy 5, probably 7+, maybe even 10 minutes.  I sprinkled water on her, and she arose! She was pretty mad by now.  So I put her in the tank.

It's been an hour.  I guess she'll adapt.  In a year, there will be 700 very in-bred babies in there.  They'll have the same colors as her.

Yeah, but the whole brood will be plotting your demise.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Crabs can plot, actually get loose,  and deploy.

His purple claw is as big as a quarter now. 

I'd put guppies on my neck, all day.

What if the guppies convince the crab that you are just a really big fish? It'll be Planet of the Fish and we are all out of Charlton Heston!

• Haha 1

He's getting her, like, 50 times per minute.  She might be used to it, being from Metropolis, and all.  It's kind of rapey.

So I could put another male in there, and they'll just constantly fight all day,  and, leave her, for happily ever after, alone.

Or she'll just get it 100 times per minute.

• Haha 1

The best part of gas station work,  is trying to take someone's expired credit card.

We'd get a bonus for capturing an expired Gulf card.

But, small-town Texans don't like you taking their card.

"But, Sir!  It expired last year."

"Do you want your face in that boot-cleaner over there,  or do you want to give me my card back?"

"Have a nice day."

• Like 1

I once (ok, regularly),  for the mayor of Magnolia, did his gas ,  he came in on Christmas Eve.  We had beer in the pop machine,  and had been there all day.

He had a Cadillac, baby blue,  that long,  and actually had steer horns on the hood.

There was no gas-cap on the sides.  I knew it was behind the license plate,  like all the 70's did.

But it wasn't.

So I ripped the mayor's plate off his car, and he didn't even notice, he was getting a Coke, or something, so I gently set it back.

The gas was behind his front headlight, or somewhere.

I never got yelled at.

• Haha 1