Random Posting

Eric

10 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

So, if you've been married twice (or more), and you loved both your spouses, and you die, do you spend eternity with your first love or your second one? And do they get along? 

Ask a raghead. They got 72 bitches who don't know **** to have to deal with.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, 21 shooter said:

Tearing down statues, rewriting not just music but history as well.  Every time we listen to the original and not the bastardized version, in a basement somewhere the wails of a social justice wannabe warrior wakes his mommy.  :cry:

I stopped by a Sonic earlier to get something to drink. When the teenage carhop brought it out, I had some Twister Sister cranked way up. I turned it down before I rolled down the window, but she still shook her head as she walked away. Kid's today don't seem to be in to loud music, like my generation. I got disapproving looks from old people because of my loud music, when I was young and now I get disapproving looks from young people because of it. There is a symmetry to the situation that pleases me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Some uncultured heathens fail to grasp the meanings, words, and messages of our songs.   As to volume, well, let them run chainsaws, weedeaters, Dirt bikes with screaming expansion chambers, tractors with no muffler so it will work in a building .  Almost forgot those push mowers belching blue smoke out of a burned out muffler. 
todays folks put $400 dollar headphones on so no one can hear them going deaf.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, 21 shooter said:

Some uncultured heathens fail to grasp the meanings, words, and messages of our songs.   As to volume, well, let them run chainsaws, weedeaters, Dirt bikes with screaming expansion chambers, tractors with no muffler so it will work in a building .  Almost forgot those push mowers belching blue smoke out of a burned out muffler. 
todays folks put $400 dollar headphones on so no one can hear them going deaf.

The new headphones and earbuds have been neutered. They don't get loud enough to damage anything. I know someone who buys really high-end earbuds and none of them hqve a volume level that I can really get into. The fidelity is great, but the industry protects people from themselves, apparently.

The funny thing is, in spite of my time in the Army Infantry, my work as a mechanic, my life-long love of loud vehicles, guns and loud music, my hearing is still pretty damned good. I have tinnitus in my left ear, from my time in the Army, but the hearing isn't degraded much at all. I do have to sleep with a fan on, because of the ringing, but I've gotten used to it. I doubt I'll ever get too old to enjoy loud music.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eric said:

Twister Sister cranked way up.

I was picking up a car at the local rental place.  Everyone there looks very early 20s.  I asked if they found a CD in the car I returned last week.  The guy asked a CD of what?

I quietly said, "metallica".

They all lol'd.

(Pretty good for a 60+ old man.)

(and yes,  they had it.  i'mma glad because i had just bought the mexico city live 3-cd set)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yes sir, fired many firearms in my life, especially in the service. I wouldn't be stupid enough to douse myself with flammable liquid or stand next to the car when I fired it though. And that guy in the video is really stupid and has no idea how fire zones work because his officer is standing behind the guy with a damn shotgun/rifle and the criminal is between them. Dumb, real dumb.