Random Posting

Eric

7 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Since I like pineapple on my pizza this is something new to look for. 

I wrote something and changed it.   :) Might not have come across nice.

I'll pass on the bananas. 

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3

I thought we were just getting to the point where we understood each other. I think free speech, known here as "bickering and insults" is a good thing. I can't tell how many mortal wounds were inflicted from here but I've heard tell that hard times make strong men. That may not apply in the meme world, lol. I'm probably gonna get banned and have to take my gonads and play somewhere else. I have never been to a site like this with grown men where you get called out for speaking your mind. First Amendment

• Like 2

CAIRO—Egypt won’t release the massive container ship that blocked the Suez Canal for nearly a week in March until its owners agree to pay as much as a billion dollars in compensation, according to local authorities, as they investigate how the Ever Given got stuck and shut down one of the world’s most important waterways.

“The vessel will remain here until investigations are complete and compensation is paid,” Osama Rabie, chairman of the Suez Canal Authority, told state television in Egypt on Thursday.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/suez-canal-has-reopened-but-ever-given-isnt-free-to-go/ar-BB1fr6VH?li=BBnb7Kz

6 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I thought we were just getting to the point where we understood each other. I think free speech, known here as "bickering and insults" is a good thing. I can't tell how many mortal wounds were inflicted from here but I've heard tell that hard times make strong men. That may not apply in the meme world, lol. I'm probably gonna get banned and have to take my gonads and play somewhere else. I have never been to a site like this with grown men where you get called out for speaking your mind. First Amendment

To some

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

If you think I am wrong on this issue, if you think you can run a better site, you are always free to invest the time and the money to give it a try. I don’t mean that to be insulting. I mean it quite literally.  I built my first message board almost 25 years ago, because I didn’t like the way the forums I hung out on there were run. I didn’t bitch about it though. I just built my own site. That site was Glock Talk.

It is easy to stand on the sidelines and second-guess the administration of a site like this. It is a very different matter to actually be the guy running it. The guy running this one has almost a quarter of a century of experience doing so. I have figured out a few things, in that time. I’ve dealt with stuff like this a thousand times, in many different ways. Along the way, I’ve figured out what works and what doesn’t work. I run this site the way I do for time-tested reasons.

This isn’t a First Amendment issue. If you think it is, you need to reread The Bill of Rights. I’ll include the wording of The First Amendment below. I’m not the government. I am a private individual and you are my guest. You are my guest with the understanding that certain rules of conduct are expected of everyone here. Those rules are not a secret and they’ve never changed. I want people to treat each other respect and consideration here. Do you really think that is too heavy a burden?

I agree that there are some posting habits here that are problematic and I intend to address them soon. Anyone who had a problem with this issue could have approached me at any time, to discuss it. Why is it then that the ones bitching about their rights, the ones who had a problem with other people’s posting habits, didn’t contact me about this first? It doesn’t matter, but it is perplexing to me. 

I have no intention of changing my position on the conduct expected of members here. That is the way it is. If you can live within those constraints, even if you don’t agree with them, you are welcome here.

The First Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

From outside looking in, it appeared the situation had degenerated to “he said, he said” with no additional information being brought to the table. 

15 minutes ago, Eric said:

If you think I am wrong on this issue, if you think you can run a better site, you are always free to invest the time and the money to give it a try. I don’t mean that to be insulting. I mean it quite literally.  I built my first message board almost 25 years ago, because I didn’t like the way the forums I hung out on there were run. I didn’t bitch about it though. I just built my own site. That site was Glock Talk.

It is easy to stand on the sidelines and second-guess the administration of a site like this. It is a very different matter to actually be the guy running it. The guy running this one has almost a quarter of a century of experience doing so. I have figured out a few things, in that time. I’ve dealt with stuff like this a thousand times, in many different ways. Along the way, I’ve figured out what works and what doesn’t work. I run this site the way I do for time-tested reasons.

This isn’t a First Amendment issue. If you think it is, you need to reread The Bill of Rights. I’ll include the wording of The First Amendment below. I’m not the government. I am a private individual and you are my guest. You are my guest with the understanding that certain rules of conduct are expected of everyone here. Those rules are not a secret and they’ve never changed. I want people to treat each other respect and consideration here. Do you really think that is too heavy a burden?

I agree that there are some posting habits here that are problematic and I intend to address them soon. Anyone who had a problem with this issue could have approached me at any time, to discuss it. Why is it then that the ones bitching about their rights, the ones who had a problem with other people’s posting habits, didn’t contact me first about this first? It doesn’t matter, but it is perplexing to me. 

I have no intention of changing my position on the conduct expected of members here. That is the way it is. If you can live within those constraints, even if you don’t agree with them, you are welcome here.

The First Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Well, with ALL DUE RESPECT, seriously. I like this site. I will continue to post here until I am tired of it or until you tire of me, I guess. I reread the first amendment and the part I was referring to "Congress shall make no law .... abridging the freedom of speech" is still there so nothing has changed .... but you are correct in that this is private site, not the government and I am a guest. I guess what I was trying to say, thought I WAS saying was that there hasn't been the amount of bickering or arguing which would warrant the size of the call out, in my humble opinion. Maybe I'm just used to a more active and robust discourse and maybe I'll have to chill here. RESPECT to the owner of the site is due .... and I will comply.

Isn't part of the big problem with Facebook and Google and Twitter and all the other social media sites the fact that you can be shut down for offending the wrong people.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Well, with ALL DUE RESPECT, seriously. I like this site. I will continue to post here until I am tired of it or until you tire of me, I guess. I reread the first amendment and the part I was referring to "Congress shall make no law .... abridging the freedom of speech" is still there so nothing has changed .... but you are correct in that this is private site, not the government and I am a guest. I guess what I was trying to say, thought I WAS saying was that there hasn't been the amount of bickering or arguing which would warrant the size of the call out, in my humble opinion. Maybe I'm just used to a more active and robust discourse and maybe I'll have to chill here. RESPECT to the owner of the site is due .... and I will comply.

Isn't part of the big problem with Facebook and Google and Twitter and all the other social media sites the fact that you can be shut down for offending the wrong people.

I appreciate your reasoned response. You are assuming though that you are privy to everything that has happened. I don’t run Facebook or Twitter. I try to tread lightly with my administration here and I believe I strike a fairly good balance. I do the best I can. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

I appreciate your reasoned response. You are assuming though that you are privy to everything that has happened. I don’t run Facebook or Twitter. I try to tread lightly with my administration here and I believe I strike a fairly good balance. I do the best I can. 

I appreciate you not having a Facebook knee jerk eviction notice. But no SIR, I don't assume anything where I'm a newcomer but I've been a long time lurker. I'm sure you could check logs to see that if you were so inclined. I definitely wasn't trying to insinuate that you aren't doing your job ... as you see fit. Have a great day and an awesome weekend, Mr. Eric.

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic