Random Posting

Eric

On 4/5/2021 at 7:32 PM, Cougar_ml said:

tread is facing backwards on those tires.

the "V" shape should go with the point in direction of travel in order to clear out loose soil/sand when pulling, to dig down to harder ground/get better traction.

Back in my dirt bike days, we used to ride in an old strip mine. There were lots of big hills on the main access road through the place and the 4WD guys would play on them. One guy had what an older 4WD, I'm thinking it was an old Willy's. His first run had the engine making lots of noise before he got to the top. It turned out that the oil pickup was in the front of the pan and the steep incline stared the oil pump, so from then on out, he climbed the hills in reverse, so maybe...........

26 minutes ago, jmohme said:

Back in my dirt bike days, we used to ride in an old strip mine. There were lots of big hills on the main access road through the place and the 4WD guys would play on them. One guy had what an older 4WD, I'm thinking it was an old Willy's. His first run had the engine making lots of noise before he got to the top. It turned out that the oil pickup was in the front of the pan and the steep incline stared the oil pump, so from then on out, he climbed the hills in reverse, so maybe...........

Isn't a really bad idea to put a front motorcycle tire on backwards?

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic