Random Posting

Eric

The name Betty Crocker was created to personalize responses to consumer inquiries. Crocker was chosen to honor retired director of the company, William Crocker, whose family name had long been associated with milling. Betty was chosen as a friendly sounding name. She never really existed.

1782a0072634fc91.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

The name Betty Crocker was created to personalize responses to consumer inquiries. Crocker was chosen to honor retired director of the company, William Crocker, whose family name had long been associated with milling. Betty was chosen as a friendly sounding name. She never really existed.

1782a0072634fc91.jpeg

She got scarier and scarier,  as she went along.

2 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

I've actually seen something like that.  Difference was "They" stood back about 25 yards and Shot at it with an Fn Fal .308.  When I saw what was about to happen, we got in the truck and took a drive.  Didn't hear nothin, but when we got back couple hrs. later, the mine was gone. 

Admiral Gallery was a US Navy officer during WWII that wrote a series of books based on his experiences.  Some of them were rants aimed at people who annoyed him who were assembled in Capt. Fatso.   None-the-less he published a few books including one about his capture of a German U boat.

In that book he mentioned being stationed in Greenland (or Iceland) and that his men needed some recreational equipment and exercise gear.  It was a lonely post.   Anyway, one of the things they received was an enormous exercise ball that when inflated several men could push around against each other presumably with good humor.

One day giant ball caught a gust of wind and blew out in the bay and sailed across to where the English had a base.  They promptly called the Americans and asked for a bomb team because the biggest water mine the German’s ever made had washed up on shore.

Not missing a beat, Admiral Gallery, took some of his sharpest men and the tools of the trade and rush over to the English base and secured the area.  They carefully walked up on the “bomb” and began to analyze it.  They even used stethoscope to listen to the device. 

The English gawked at our men’s bravery. 

At the peak of anticipation Gallery took a hat pin and carefully pushed it into the heavy rubber of the ball…and then his men got ready…and that was when he screamed RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! She’s gonna blow!!!

The removed the pen the balloon began to deflate with a THBBBTTTT sound we all know…and he and his men ran like hell for fury.  

The English freaked out at first….and then realized they had been the but of a good joke.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I’ve done this with many inanimate objects. 

To quote the magnum opus Inflatable Love Thing, by Razorback.

Inflatable love thing, may I come along for the ride?
Inflatable love thing...
Inflatable love thing, can you guess what's hidden inside
My brain?

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic