Random Posting

Eric

54 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Self defense is one thing. Deciding somebody must die is another. Putting prisoners to death in a hurry because you're angry over other problems in your life is a sign of mental illness, IMHO.

Do you have a link showing that Trump accelerated the date of her execution?

My understanding is that he could have commuted the sentence (say to life without parole) or pardoned the murderess or done nothing and let the clock tick down. I don’t think he could hurry the execution to an earlier date. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Do you have a link showing that Trump accelerated the date of her execution?

My understanding is that he could have commuted the sentence (say to life without parole) or pardoned the murderess or done nothing and let the clock tick down. I don’t think he could hurry the execution to an earlier date. 

Yeah, I think every honest person without TDS  knows that the President doesn't set execution dates

Edited by ChuteTheMall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Yeah, I think every honest person without TDS  knows that the President doesn't set execution dates

When all appeals have ended the date is set by the DOJ at the discretion Director of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

At at the state level the gov. delegates to the warden. In other states a judge or court (supreme) can set the date.

In my state the gov. gives the warden a time period of a week to complete the task.  

this is a Florida example.

ron-desantis-letter-robert-joseph-long.P

The Secretary of the Army, as the designated Department of Defense Corrections Level III executive official, sets the date and location of military executions. The execution date must be at least 60 days after affirmation of the sentence by the President of the United States. All sentences of death must be personally affirmed, in writing, by the President of the United States before the Secretary of the Army is permitted to set an execution date.[2]

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Guy Parks On Stripes To Avoid Freezing Rain, Happens To Be Under A Leaky Pipe

Guy Parks On Stripes To Avoid Freezing Rain, Happens To Be Under A Leaky Pipe

There is always a car frozen in from freeze thaw cycles in Minneapolis.  Then the tow truck peels the tires of pulling it out by force.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, railfancwb said:

Complemented with a lever action also in .45 long colt. One cartridge two guns still a thing

Not a bad idea.  Seriously.   A lever .45 is not something to take lightly.  

I think you are required to wear a white hat...cowboy hat...if you're going to do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic