Random Posting

Eric

On 11/17/2020 at 3:57 PM, Swampfox762 said:

Me neither.  Disgusting stuff.    I'll give it to Dad though...He tried to get me to like it for many, many years.  To this day I've never  actually known anyone that said they really liked fruit Cake.  And, I've never been to anyone's house that served it!!

I love fruitcake. Just ate two pieces half an hour ago. tom. :eat:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

tumblr_pnsw0qRod21rn8k76o1_640.jpg

On March 31, 1943, while stationed in British India, Baggett's squadron, part of the 7th Bombardment Group, was ordered to destroy a bridge at PyinmanaBurma.  

Before reaching their target, the 12 B-24s of 7th BG were intercepted by 13 Ki-43 fighters of 64 Sentai IJAAS.  Baggett's plane was severely damaged and was set on fire by several hits to the fuel tanks, and the crew was forced to bail out.
 The aircrew escaped the crippled B-24 merely seconds before the bomber exploded. Japanese pilots then attacked U.S. airmen as they parachuted to earth. Two of Baggett's fellow crew members were killed. (Contrary to sources stating that the pilot, Lloyd K. Jensen was "summarily executed", Jensen survived the war.)  Baggett, who was wounded, played dead, hoping that the Japanese pilots would ignore him.

One Ki-43 fighter approached close to Baggett, slowed and the pilot opened his canopy. Baggett drew his M1911 pistol, fired four shots at the pilot and watched as the plane stalled and plunged toward the ground.
Edited by Swampfox762
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic