Random Posting

Eric

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

Today, none of the "industrial arts" would be allowed for the protection of the student.  Students are protected from learning now!

And that is a shame.  I think a class or two in industrial arts should be mandatory for everyone.   Little Historian has home economics...and guess what...the boys are learning to sew buttons and hem pants.

Wish i'd learned that skill in life.

Just saying everyone can use a broad education in the basics.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Historian said:

And that is a shame.  I think a class or two in industrial arts should be mandatory for everyone.   Little Historian has home economics...and guess what...the boys are learning to sew buttons and hem pants.

Wish i'd learned that skill in life.

Just saying everyone can use a broad education in the basics.

Well, I didn't mention it but.............  My third grade class teacher taught us all how to knit.  My mother was a seamstress so I already knew how to sew.

A couple of weeks ago my wife taught the little neighbor boy how to knit.  She gave his yarn and needles.  It's like with my daughters,   I insisted they took a course in engines.  I told them I didn't expect them to do any work on engines, I just wanted them to know when they were getting screwed over the car repair.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Well, I didn't mention it but.............  My third grade class teacher taught us all how to knit.  My mother was a seamstress so I already knew how to sew.

A couple of weeks ago my wife taught the little neighbor boy how to knit.  She gave his yarn and needles.  It's like with my daughters,   I insisted they took a course in engines.  I told them I didn't expect them to do any work on engines, I just wanted them to know when they were getting screwed over the car repair.

You never know when you're going to need a skill you simply don't have.   A friend of mine taught her son some basic sewing.  He's now a recon marine.  Do you have any idea how much money he's made hemming pants and sewing patches?   Let alone fixing web gear in the field?

You really do have to be the Swiss Army of Knives these days.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FYI.

I got bit by a spider yesterday.

If some serious  S*#$ goes down i'll let everyone know.

But right now i am looking at tall buildings...and thinking i can tell my employer to stuff it and become a photo journalist.

Just sayin....

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Historian said:

FYI.

But right now i am looking at tall buildings...and thinking i can tell my employer to stuff it and become a photo journalist.

Just sayin....

Nothing counts without pictures! The spider has already submitted hers.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Historian said:

FYI.

Just sayin....

I,  apparently,  got bit,  right on the just-behind of my armpit.  It hasn't boiled or festered,  just a tiny pinprick red spot.

But that was,  like,  nine months ago and it still is itchy and often burns and is very bothersome.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Huaco Kid said:

I,  apparently,  got bit,  right on the just-behind of my armpit.  It hasn't boiled or festered,  just a tiny pinprick red spot.

But that was,  like,  nine months ago and it still is itchy and often burns and is very bothersome.

No desires to swing from building to building?  No issues with some girl named Mary Jane?  Haven't pissed your boss off at the newspaper?

Just asking.

• Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic