Random Posting

Eric

35 minutes ago, janice6 said:

But some educator got a PhD for the first method......................

Business is conducted by the second method.

I taught Little Historian both methods.   The teachers let her choose the method of her choice to get the correct answer.

In some ways I've had a marvelous re-education with that kid.    I had to relearn sentence structure and that was interesting.    Her notebook was her history class as amazing. 

Little Historian is a better writer than most of the adults i know and actually understands how the sentence, paragraph, and a term paper is constructed all by the 6th grade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Historian said:

I taught Little Historian both methods.   The teachers let her choose the method of her choice to get the correct answer.

In some ways I've had a marvelous re-education with that kid.    I had to relearn sentence structure and that was interesting.    Her notebook was her history class as amazing. 

Little Historian is a better writer than most of the adults i know and actually understands how the sentence, paragraph, and a term paper is constructed all by the 6th grade.

I went to school in a grade school in the middle of the Teachers College Campus.  We were a "Laboratory School".

It was a "Boot Camp" for student teachers before becoming accredited.  They also tried new teaching methods on us.

By new, I mean.  I had flight training in a "Link Trainer", Metal Shop learning to spin bowls on a metal lathe, metal engraving, Rebuilding 4 cycle small engines, Tanning hides, Latin, among the more conventional grade school classes.  The emphasis was on learning!

Today, none of the "industrial arts" would be allowed for the protection of the student.  Students are protected from learning now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic