Random Posting

Eric

49 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I carry a gun.  Don't you dare run to me with a club!

I have a friend who diagnosed me (professionally) as suffering from Coulrophobia.

Once it was on file I was happy.  Then my boss called me about attending a meeting with upper management.

I reminded him my issue.  I said i could not go.

He called me back about ten minutes later....and asked, "Am I one of the clowns you have an irrational fear of?"

"No sir, it's mostly above you.," I said.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Historian said:

I have a friend who diagnosed me (professionally) as suffering from Coulrophobia.

Once it was on file I was happy.  Then my boss called me about attending a meeting with upper management.

I reminded him my issue.  I said i could not go.

He called me back about ten minutes later....and asked, "Am I one of the clowns you have an irrational fear of?"

"No sir, it's mostly above you.," I said.

I don't have a fear of Clowns, it's just that I can't accept someone coming at me with a weapon or club. 

I don't joke about many things, and this is one.  To me it's a threat that I will react to, probably before he says it's a joke.  I don't joke about things like that.

I have no idea why, but the CEO used to send me along with a program manager to the customer sites, and then on our return, also ask me for my take on the problem. 

I never pretended to be an administrator, but I am pretty good technical person and I know when I'm being BS'ed.

I never was afraid to speak my mind to top management and maybe that is why they kept me employed for so long. 

They may have taken some perverse enjoyment out of knowing that I would have to come to work everyday.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

Living in a rural area in the southeast...

Legend has it that we will hear the neighing of horses and the lowing of cattle.

The most common sound by far which I hear this time of year is electric motors continuously running blowers sending endless volumes of air through the bins to dry the newly harvested grain. 

Edited by railfancwb
Change “losing” back to “lowing” again
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

I don't have a fear of Clowns, it's just that I can't accept someone coming at me with a weapon or club. 

I don't joke about many things, and this is one.  To me it's a threat that I will react to, probably before he says it's a joke.  I don't joke about things like that.

I get it. Totally understand what you said.

Buy i have a question. 

As a hunter.  I feel i should eat what i kill.

Do clowns...taste funny?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, janice6 said:

They may have taken some perverse enjoyment out of knowing that I would have to come to work everyday.

I am about 2.5 years away from letting them have it.

And by saying that I am putting it where everyone can see it.  This...is how i will end it.

1. Letter of resignation.

2. One unicycle for me to ride into the sunset with.

3. While wearing my kilt...

4. Playing massively loud at outragious bag pipe music on the way out the door.

5. Deeply confused people remain wondering what the hell was that.

Have Pen and Camera, Will Travel: THE KILT'S THE THING

Via con Dios, bithchachos!

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic