Random Posting

Eric

Wait - won't the days get longer due to the angular momentum?  Mass further out means slower rotation - the figure skater's rotational speed increases as she pulls her arms and legs in closer to the axis of rotation, and slows when she spreads them out.
The dogs and cats living together is the really scary part, though I'm sure the cats will be happier with the longer days - they will have more time to sleep.
-Pat

Yes. If the Earth’s Diameter expands, the distance (moment arm) from the axis to the moment of inertia is increased and the rotation rate will slow; if the moment arm is shortened, it will speed up.

Also, the Moon would not be ‘locked’ in position by oceanic tides as tidal phenomenon occurs as a result of the gravitational effect of the Moon as it circles the Earth in its relatively frictionless orbit (which is gradually increasing).

I am certain that the statement you were replying to was entirely satirical.....I hope. I think ‘Dric902’ was mimicking ‘Flat Earth Theory’ Logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, C_Hallbert said:

Yes. If the Earth’s Diameter expands, the distance (moment arm) from the axis to the moment of inertia is increased and the rotation rate will slow; if the moment arm is shortened, it will speed up.

Also, the Moon would not be ‘locked’ in position by oceanic tides as tidal phenomenon occurs as a result of the gravitational effect of the Moon as it circles the Earth in its relatively frictionless orbit (which is gradually increasing).

I am certain that the statement you were replying to was entirely satirical.....I hope. I think ‘Dric902’ was mimicking ‘Flat Earth Theory’ Logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the ultimate result is obvious

6CE6DB36-BE46-41CB-B7F4-923C9DD48CAD.jpeg.87d897e65d6e94d9038df676a8de38a0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WELCOME   to 2018

Our Phones – Wireless

Cooking – Fireless

Cars – Keyless

Food – Fatless

Tires -Tubeless

Dress – Sleeveless

Youth – Jobless

Leaders – Shameless

Relationships – Meaningless

Attitudes – Careless

Babies – Fatherless

Feelings – Heartless

Education – Valueless

Children – Mannerless

We are   -   SPEECHLESS,

Government   -   is CLUELESS,

And our Politicians   -  are WORTHLESS!

I'm scared - S---less!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.f62bd27a512d5044aad967196a32f198.png

My wife and I were judging a Coursing Ability Test in Brooksville, FL this last weekend at an AKC show.. I judged the morning runs and my wife the afternoon runs. When not judging the CAT runs we helped out checking the male & female dogs for correct movement of hips & legs and female dogs needed vaginal wipes to see if they were in season - pretty standard stuff for an AKC event.  I was standing just in front of the CAT's check in table with several people present and a good looking blond - quite well endowed - brought her small dog up to be checked.  I watched her run the female dog out and back and then asked her to wipe her dog. I offered a 1/4th paper towel for the wipe. First, she very gently wiped the top of the dogs nose as she held her small dog in front of her chest, then wiped the top of the head and finally down her dog's back. Several people had stopped talking to watch and most were giggling with a few doubled over openly laughing and many more with the look of total disbelief on their faces. The lady doing the wiping looked at me like she was done and after I quit laughing I told her she could speed things up by just giving her dog a vaginal wipe to check for blood. Without any further delay she slapped her forehead - mumbled something about a blond moment - and proceeded with the vaginal wipe without any semblance of embarrassment. God has to love those who stumble through life with absolutely no clue of what is happening around them.

• Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic