Random Posting

Eric

41 minutes ago, janice6 said:

If you ever found one of those hanging on your car window the next day, there is a drive in theater looking for you!

I always wondered if that happened, also what would break, the cord or the window? I haven't been to a drive in in probably 30 years.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

I always wondered if that happened, also what would break, the cord or the window? I haven't been to a drive in in probably 30 years.

The cord will break before the window will break on a 1957 Plymouth station wagon. Last time I was at a drive-in was around 1985. I recently found out that there is a drive-in that's only about 85 miles from where I live. It's one of only 5 remaining in the entire state.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

In my days, I know of 2 or 3 cases where the cord either broke, or the cord connector came loose.  It is surprising to me that in my area during the drive in movie days, I know of no one that broke a window by driving off with a speaker attached.  It seemed that the speaker was purposely configured to come loose before damaging the car.

• Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic