Random Posting

Eric

11 hours ago, janice6 said:

I wonder what specific "protection" it offers over a soft hat or a helmet.  Plastic?

Most likely it was designed specifically to look different than someone else's headgear, in an attempt to make their people look more majestic than the other guy.

Might be related to the chopine in medieval europe who's only real purpose was to make it obvious that a woman was of a higher social standing because nobody who had to actually do anything would ever wear them (the later ones, as opposed to the very early ones that were just to keep people's feet out of the mud), the same with some versions of the geta such as the Maiko's okobo or the Oiran's koma-geta or mitsu-ashi. (the tall wooden sandals that geisha or other types of courtesans in feudal Japan wore to show they were above doing peasant's work)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My sister is currently pissed off that the guy across the street from her is telling everyone that my sister's house is a drug house.  Even talked to the cops about it saying he was slandering her and defamation of character.

Her argument is that there haven't been any drugs there for months now.

Cops told my sister they'd tell the guy across the street to knock it off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic